What other addictions do you have beyond lights?

Diesel_Bomber

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lights are actually a pretty minor thing for me; tools meant to do a job. Like any other tool, I research and find the correct tool for the job at hand, then use it.

Most important:

Keeping my wife happy - She's fantastic and I do my best to be the kind of man she deserves. I would not be around and able to enjoy anything were it not for her. For awhile I seriously considered believing in God just to have someone to thank for her being in my life.

The rest, in no particular order:

Diesel trucks - see my username; BOMB = Better Off Modified, Baby!
Sports cars - Throwing a high powered mid engined car through the twisties is the most fun you can have with your clothes on
Guns and shooting - big RKBA proponent, often open carry(legally) in a rather anti-OC area just for the conversations and the opportunities to educate people
Music - Not an audiophile by any means but a boom box or factory stereo in a car won't keep me happy either
Survival/Preparedness/Self Sufficiency - Don't like depending on anyone, and this is only smart in this day and age
Off-grid living - my wife and I are building an off-grid house on our woodlot, lots of fun so far
Mechanical stuff of all kinds

:buddies:

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sliders from Viro's Italian bakery.

OMG they are good, I can't stop. I'm going to have to enroll in sliders anonymous.

http://www.virosbakery.com/

Edit: I don't even want to stop. In fact, don't even try getting in between me and my sliders. Desperate people will do desperate things. Don't even look at my plate, just keep your distance.

Last edited:

Patriot

Flashaholic
True addictions, not in any particular order:

Competition shooting + plinking, IPSC IDPA, Trap, Skeet, Sporting Clays
Archery + Rifle Hunting, quail, javalina, deer, elk, antelope, sheep,
Optics, scopes, binoculars, loupes, animal observation.
Mountain bikes/biking
RC planes and helicopters, (10 of them)
Computers and Gaming, First person shooters
Home Theater and AV stuff
Flashlights

Other interests that have been addictions at one time or another:

Karting (go karts)
Flying stunt kites and canopies
Fishing
Paintball
Some wild life photography
Some knives (guns and lights took over)
Anything Preparedness + survival

This list is going to make me rethink my sanity :ohgeez:

Well, off to go participate in some on-line battles.....:wave:

Last edited:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sliders from Viro's Italian bakery.

OMG they are good, I can't stop. I'm going to have to enroll in sliders anonymous.

http://www.virosbakery.com/

Edit: I don't even want to stop. In fact, don't even try getting in between me and my sliders. Desperate people will do desperate things. Don't even look at my plate, just keep your distance.

That sounded like it must be good, so I had to google what they were. If this is it, I'd probably be addicted, too.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/02/meatball-sliders/

Geoff

LLCoolBeans

Flashlight Enthusiast
That sounded like it must be good, so I had to google what they were. If this is it, I'd probably be addicted, too.

http://smittenkitchen.com/2009/02/meatball-sliders/

Geoff

No, although I'm sure those are tasty as well.

A slider is just a miniature cheeseburger. I don't know where the name comes from, I'm sure wikipedia will have that answer. Sliders are generally pretty tasty, but these particular sliders are just out of control. I don't know what it is exactly, the way they prepare the meat, the sauteed onions, the fresh baked buns. Whatever it is, it's good.

Imagine the best cheeseburger you've ever had. Then imagine compressing all the flavor of that regular sized cheeseburger into 1/3 - 1/4 the size, then have three of those and some fries. Oh man, glorious!

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
After updating my old flashlights, I decided to check out knives and see what's new these days. For something as simple as a knife, there's sure a lot of stuff out there. My long time thing has been electronics though. Computers, stereos, TVs, etc. Pure Fraking Magic.

Superdave

Enlightened
Drag racing is my big one.. then whiskey/beer.. then Work (for some reason i like my job) :whistle:

Many years ago i was into racing go-carts, BMX and Freestyle riding, Skateboarding, Zippo collecting, model car building and dating hi-maintenance women. That all got too expensive so i had a couple of kids and got married instead. :)

Surefire Security

Newly Enlightened
I probably should have introduced myself somewhere along the line. Anyway ...........

Apart from my rapidly growing collection of Torches (hey in from the UK, we don't have flashlights here), I have a few other vices.

Camera stuff. Mainly Pentax kit with a particular penchant for SMC-M series lenses. Russian Rangefinder camera's such as the FED-3a, Zorki-4 and a slew of Jupiter lenses.

HiFi gear. Krell CDP, Audiolab amplifier, Tube Technology Amplifier, BBC style speakers, Turntables, Sure cartridges and more sets of headphones than I have ears for.

CD's and LP's to play on above system. I have more Bluegrass than is actually really good for any one man.

Books. Many books on the Soviet Union and Photography. A particular interest in collection Folio Society books.

Nautical Stuff. Books, Photo's, Ship Builders plates, Marine Radios and a big Red/White life Preserver :)

Amateur Radio gear.