What should my next light be?

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
I can't decide what my next light should be. Anyone have any suggestions?

I've already got the usual stuff. many different mag-lites, two photon IIs, and I just got a Surefire E2. I've already fallen in love with the E2!

I'd like to get a handgun someday (once 21 rolls around), so the Z3 sounds like it would be nice.

What else should I check out? How hard is it to mod a Mag-lite? What kind of light does it produce? I've always liked the design of the Mag-lites, they just don't produce enough light...

I've already bought a lot of 123As, and I have a few sets of rechargeables, so I'm pretty flexible as far as batteries go.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
You need a good rechargeable, I would say the SF 10X first if you have the budget or the Streamlight UltraStinger if you need to save some cash.

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
That 10X looks nice, but way more than I could afford! The UltraStinger looks like a better bargain.

Are they comparable in brightness and battery life?

bwcaw

Enlightened
I have to agree with JT on this, get the 10X, or the Ultrastinger. I don't have any experience with the 10X, but IHMO the Ultrastinger is the best recargeable light for a reasonable price. The 10X does have some advantages though, like the ability to charge just the battery and use the light, but you would have to buy another battery, which I think is about the same price as an Ultrastinger!

As far as lithium lights, get the M3 if you want a 3 cell light, or the M2 if you want a 2 cell. You won't regret it!

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
Where can i find the best price on the UltraStinger? With both chargers its about $120 direct...

Also, are the M2s and M3s designed to use with a handgun?

sunspot

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought my US from Arizona Gun Runners on an Ebay bid. At the time, I got it for $89 w/ AC & DC chargers but not the fast charger as it was not released at that time.
The M2 and M3 from Surefire are not for mounting in handguns. They are the Millinium series Handheld Flashlights. Streamlight and Insight Tec make a M3, M4, M4s and M6 fr mounting on handgun rails.
Hope this helps.
BTW, the Ultrastinger is GREAT, IMO.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 10x has two LOLA options 60LU or 110LU and also a HOLA at 500LU which can be used in conjunction with either LOLA. The runtime for the 60LU is 180 minutes the 110LU is 90 minutes and the 500LU which also lights the LOLA at the same time is 18 minutes. Not sure the LU rating for the US but it is not near as bright as the HOLA of the 10x and its runtime is 1 hour.

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
Okay, so the 10X would be much brighter, but its much more expensive.

When I meant "to use with a handgun" I didn't mean to be mounted on the weapon. Surefire's site mentions "Ergonomic CombatGrip body style and retention rings" which I thought meant it was designed to be hand held along with a handgun.

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by im2smrt4u:

When I meant "to use with a handgun" I didn't mean to be mounted on the weapon. Surefire's site mentions "Ergonomic CombatGrip body style and retention rings" which I thought meant it was designed to be hand held along with a handgun.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, the Z2, Z3, C2, C3, M2, M3 & G2z, are desinged to be held in a "combatgrip". This allows you to hold the light and gun together more comfortably than a standard flashlight.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Surefire M6
Surefire M6
Surefire M6
Surefire M6
Surefire M6

Did I mention the Surefire M6?

The M6. Simply one of the greatest flashlights ever built. No matter what you decide, your life will be forever incomplete until you have one.

Best wishes to you!

Size15's

Flashaholic
SureFire M6 maybe beyond his budget?

The G2Z will be worth waiting for. I am so confident about this. Seriously, I've been waiting since the SS2002 to try the G2Z out. Still waiting. You should wait for the G2Z!

Al

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
A Surefire M6 is more than I can afford right now. Everyone thinks I'm nuts to spend $60 on an E2...I think it was one of the best purchases I've ever made!
grin.gif

What is the G2Z you are talking about? What kind of specs? How much is it going to be?

Size15's

Flashaholic
It's a G2 with an adjustable CombatGrip, Pyrex Lens and LockOut TailCap (and Lanyard, and Anti-roll Bezel)
Looking at in another way, it's a Z2 with a Pyrex Lens made out of Nitrolon Polymer rather then Aluminium.

I've forgotten the price (I'm buying one from Tim regardless) but it's a very good price for a feature rich SureFire.

Al

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
Al can answer that better than me but Nitrolon is extremely durable, even more so in some aspects than any aluminum Surefire. It has a very positive grippy feal and will not melt from heat.

I think it is suppose to cost about ~$60.

But you already knew that because ur2smrt4me!
grin.gif

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Sean:
But you already knew that because ur2smrt4me!
grin.gif
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Hey! Don't knock the name!
tongue.gif

Thanks for the info! Anyone know anywhere in Southern California that I could go try the lights out before I buy? I'd like to hold one of these lights before I buy one...

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
The G2Z is not out yet, so there will be no holding that one.
wink.gif

As far as were to look at them in Southern California, you should already know because ur2...sorry, couldn't resist.
tongue.gif
smile.gif

Can't help you with that one.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

i too am anxiously waiting my g2z, i'm pre ordered. i got a really good price too, it's a long story and don't want to post it all. you'll have to trust me.
smile.gif

im2smrt4u

Newly Enlightened
Originally posted by Sean:
[QB]The G2Z is not out yet, so there will be no holding that one.
wink.gif
QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know, but I mean feel the type of material.
wink.gif