What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

kj2

Flashaholic
Olight S15. For in my backpack. Am very happy with the review-sample that I received from Olight, so there has to be one in my backpack :)
Also ordered a Traffic Wand for it, right away.

RIX TUX

Enlightened
just got the Roche f12 because I liked the tan color and the look of it.
color came a little darker, but has a perfect fit and finish.
the color, shape, and output of the beam is exactly identical to my sc600 mk II (I wish I found this light before I bought the zl)
it has the 5 modes - wish I could turn off the dicso modes

Lord Flashlight

Enlightened
Thrunite Archer 2A. Got it for a good price and with five modes and running on 2AA seemed to be one of those lights that does everything I'd need it to. Looks sleek, has a clip and tail stands.

Last edited:

Tmack

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just built a convoy m1 mtg2, and a BTU Shocker xm l2 's is on its way from mountain electronic, along with Samsung 20r cells. I've read the endless battle between this light and other high performance triple emitter lights, and the shocker seems to be a very good performer.

Last edited:

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
An E2L lego by Tana bored for a 17670 with the head eviscerated and rebuilt with a reflector and a Nichia 219 emitter and driver programmed with 2 modes 5% low and 100 % high with no mode memory. Reason? I want a light for hiking/camping/hunting that will run on rechargeables and CR123a primaries, with decent low runtimes (20hrs +) good throw with decent spill and that nice Nichia neutral high-cri tint.

BlueSwede

Newly Enlightened
I needed a keychain flashlight with flood light for close-up work so I got myself a Fenix E05 last week. I enjoy it very much and keep it with me all the time. I think I'm starting to develop a flashaholic habit because I already ordered its big brother, the E12. To me, standard AA or AAA batteries is a must (because I get them for free at work ;-)

Brgds.. /BlueSwede

olemil

Newly Enlightened
Rofis TR51 ordered yesterday and shipped today. Why? Because I have two 18650 3400mah batteries sitting in their case wanting to be used and GG has them marked down 40%. Plus I couldn't resist having another light to feed my addiction. :banghead:

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Sunwayman C20C.

It's a 450 lumen side-switch 1x18650 light with a cool white XM-L U3.

I plan to use this light as a host for the following mods:
1. Replace emitter with MTG2 5000k on copper Noctigon star. (I already have this)
2. Replace driver with 3.04 amp Nangj 105c with DrJones Lumodrv firmware (shipped, but could take weeks or months to arrive).
3. Apply Zener Diode mod to Nangj 105c to enable it to run at higher input and output voltage necessary for MTG2. (I have hte zener diode mod kit in hand)
4. Consider stacking up to 4 additional 7135 chips to increase driver output to 4.5 amps. (I have the 7135 chips, but not sure I want to run at that current in such a small light)
5. Possibly replace switch with Radioshack micro-momentary (depends on how much I like the stock switch.
6. Run the light on 2xIMR 18350 cells (already in hand).

Hopefully everything will fit, or if it doesn't I can make it fit with a little grinding, drilling and filing.

Note that this would be pocket rocket... not intended to be a practical light. If all goes well it should turn into a short-range pocket rocket with max output around 2,000 lumens and runtime of maybe 10-13 minutes. Due to use of 2 unprotected cells in series and no low voltage protection, this light would only be useful for short bursts and it would always be necessary to use tailcap lockout when not in use.

Lighteous

Enlightened
I ordered a number of Malkoff parts to assemble into an awesome light: an M91A drop in, MD2 head, MD4 body and switch, and a high/low bezel switch. It is a very high quality, floody and bright light. All the pieces parts added up to a pricey purchase, plus I had to purchase the bezel wrench. I've wrung my hands over whether or not to buy this light for some time now. Like most of us, I certainly didn't need it, and it's not my only Malkoff (my 5th if counting) but I'm very glad to have it and recommend it without reservation.

False Cast

Newly Enlightened
I bought a McGizmo Sapphire GS. I wanted a K.I.S.S. keychain/suit coat breast pocket light that was lightweight, took a single AAA, and had a high level of craftsmanship. The light met, and exceeded, my expectations. I'm now considering my next light from Don.

Eagtaczac

Newly Enlightened
Hahaha! I cracked up when I read this im not going to lie! He's lucky to have a buddy like you always looking out for him! haha Do you test for poison in his steaks as well? :nana: That's why I hate giving flashlights as gifts... I can't resist not opening it to "make sure it worked" as well lol
Hahaha I have "tried" so many times to gift lights to people......I ALWAYS END UP KEEPING THEM! Haha

DoubleZed

Newly Enlightened
A black 4-mode L3 illumination L10 with Nichia 219. Perfect little light. Love the tint and kind of like switching it on and off by turning the head. I don't like it per se, but it is great when I don't want to wake others in the night by turning the light on with a loud CLICK!!! And the firefly mode is perfect - darker than the moonlight on the D25A clicky. This is also my first Nichia light. But anyway - this is the bedside light for me. I take other lights with me when going out.

Latest posts