What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

jon_slider

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought a couple of aaa Tools, to mod to sw45k, both with reversible captive hatclip upgrades.

The one on the left was used, it arrived with a dark patina, that I polished off.
P0zIBB9l.jpg

the patina and stock LED before the mod, on the right:
2dcyBB2l.jpg

Last edited:

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another Lumintop GT94, sixteen days after receiving my first one. Because I want the new king of power throwers in each of my two hands at the same time, but not frequently, just occasionally.
Because it is the first multiple SBT90.2 that I have been able to get my hands on.
Because Lumintop has the backbone to release this very important configuration before Acebeam and Imalent, which have not announced any multiple SBT90.2 flashlights. Same with Mateminco/Astrolux, or Olight or Fenix or Nitecore. No multiple 90.2 lights from anyone else beside Lumintop and Haikalite.
Because this, after an almost four year wait, is the first light to supersede the X65 in both power and throw, both at the same time. 20,000 lumens and 2,500 meters throw in left hand, and same in the right hand.
Because this light complements and supplements the R90TS, by dint of less power but more throw, replete with user serviceable batteries.

Last edited:

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fraz labs tiny nugget 18350. Always been captivated by the design since the early days. Now that I have it in hand it's an amazing beautiful little piece of bomb proof technology. : D

pappajohan

Newly Enlightened
Got myself an Warrior Mini.

Been loving my S2R2 Baton for winter carry, the only thing i've missed was that tailcap switch.

The Warrior Mini is a great EDC light, especially in theese darker (pun intended) and trying times.

Stay safe all, especially you guys in the U.S

Skickat från min SM-N986B via Tapatalk

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mateminco MT90vn. Single SBT90.2, very deep and huge diameter reflector, de-lens modification, 3,400 meters throw. I want to see how it compares with the stock Astrolux MF05.

wayben

Newly Enlightened
A used HDS Clicky with Nichia 219a and black bezel in like new condition just because the price was so good and all my other HDS's are rotaries.

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
Another of Vinh's mods at Skylumen.com
Manker E03H II with 4,000k SST20 95 CRI, an angle light that come with a head strap and pocket clip. Uses 14500 battery. About 600 lumen max. Should be a very utilitarian light for close up work. E03Hvn II.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Malkoff MD2 M61 SST-20 with tricap. Why? To have a 5700k M61 to go with my 4000k M61. The 6200k is really cold.

Havok

Newly Enlightened
Sofirn C01R sst20-DR 660nm for using around the apartment at night. C01s because I never had a 95 CRI light, and thought I'd get something small first.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I bought another Convoy S2+ and also an S2+ host and parts with an extra 18350 tube and a couple of driver boards.
Now I`m on the lookout for interesting MCPCBs :)

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered FT02S 4 x XHP50.2, 6500K, black. I am not picky about black versus green versus sand color, so I went with black, to save alternate colors for people who like them.
I am not picky about 6500K versus 5700K, so I picked 6500, to save 5700 for people who have to wait to get it. Either tint and any color is ok with me, as long as it is 4 x XHP50.2 in a single cell light. At this price for this configuration, I am tempted to order two or three, but my excuse for ordering only one is to save some for other people.
The order webpage indicated that only one has been ordered. I guess I am number 2.

I see the FT02S as the EC03 plus. I hope to see both with SBT90.2.

Whitelight1

Newly Enlightened
Olight I3E keychain light, they are free today on their Olight website flash sale test until 9 PM EST. You do have to pay $5.00 flat shipping though. Still not bad for a 90 lumen keychain light from Olight.

Snulfur

Newly Enlightened
Have ordered myself a Lumintop EDC AA light. Still waiting it to arrive though.
Bought it cause I want a much smaller and lighter EDC light I can carry with me everywhere.
Also ordered myself a Panda 3.0 headlamp since I want one for dog walks in the dark. But that is also still waiting to arrive, currently stuck in Russia.

Katherine Alicia

Enlightened
I just bought a Lumintop EDC18 with the original bunny logo while it`s still available, it was nearly half price too! so I think they`re trying to get rid of them all quickly while it`s still semi-legal.

Latest posts