What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Captain Spaulding

Enlightened
Picked up a used but sweet Lummi Raw NS with a Luxeon III emitter. Beautiful little light and the Lux emitter is brighter than I thought it would be. Im still debating switching the emitter or not! I purchased it because I have been wanting one for a year and a used one came up for the right price on the marketplace. Thank the Torch God for the marketplace!

Also just ordered the new Ray S20 which Im still waiting for! :popcorn:
I purchased this one because I loved the look of it and just HAD to jump on the introductory price so as not to miss out!

Of course I have no business buying lights as Im job hunting as well!

Last edited:

apfevervictim

Newly Enlightened
If your using the AA body for a 14500, why not just use the 18650 or 17670? Seems redundant to use a Li-Ion in a AA tube if you already have an 18650 tube... .

Versatility. 2 123 primaries or an 18650, 14500, or 16340 Li-Ion rechargable.... I've got a few of each for other lights. I like being able to use whatever's at hand.. and if I am out in the woods, I'm gonna have several lights with multiple battery types anyway. Nice to have options!

red02

Enlightened
.........I like being able to use whatever's at hand.. and if I am out in the woods, I'm gonna have several lights with multiple battery types anyway. Nice to have options!

Absolutely. Ever new light I've bought can use either AAs or cr123s, its great since in an emergency AAs maybe more difficult to get than cr123s. Besides, in the woods its probably as hard to find either cell..

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened
Well I just ordered the Solarforce Skyline 1 for $31US shipped. I guess I'll see for myself how it compares to the LumaPower D-Mini VX ULTRA.

The mailman just delivered my
Solarforce Skyline I Long Throw Unlimited Mode light. In broad daylight shining it about 25 feet on to my living room wall I'm seeing the beam. I'm not seeing the beam on the D-Mini. The beam pattern is very small, with a tiny hot spot compared to the D-Mini. I'll have to wait till it gets dark to really test it out though.

Jbrew

Newly Enlightened
Orderesd a Quark AA tactical yesterday, my first "real" flashlight. Now impatiently waiting for it and already considering buying the 123 body for more flexibility with batteries.

NaturalMystic

Newly Enlightened

The mailman just delivered my
Solarforce Skyline I Long Throw Unlimited Mode light. In broad daylight shining it about 25 feet on to my living room wall I'm seeing the beam. I'm not seeing the beam on the D-Mini. The beam pattern is very small, with a tiny hot spot compared to the D-Mini. I'll have to wait till it gets dark to really test it out though.

Well the sun's gone down so I took the Solarforce and D-Mini out into my backyard to check things out. Holy Crap! The Solarforce, while not putting out a wide floody beam (which is understandable since it's designed to be a thrower) throws like a MoFo! Best $31 I've spent on a flashlight PERIOD!

It seems well built to me, threads are smooth, LED is perfectly centered in the reflector, anodizing is really nice and clean, clicky switch is soft and easily engaged/disengaged.

The light came in an envelope, not a box. In it was a heavy-duty clear plastic bag with the light in it, a smaller bag with the extra o-rings and rubber tailcap, and a long adjustable (shoulder) stap with a nicely braided lanyard.

For the person who was asking about a thrower for use when night fishing, this will do the job and then some! It's a relatively small light, about 7" long, head is just shy of 2" in diameter, tail about 1" in diameter. My 18650 fits snugly in it with no rattle whatsoever.

Two thumbs up! :thumbsup::thumbsup: If I had another hand it'd be three thumbs up!

Last edited:

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked up a used Jetbeam CL-E, had been modded a bit, and came with both the AA tube and a 123 tube. Seller even donated some batteries in each format. Was in better shape than told, and works great.

Wanted a glovebox light to leave in my truck, and this imo was a very good deal and perfect for the job.

Disintergrator66

Newly Enlightened
I just bought two ican Surefires (6P & C2). I'm new to this hobby and quickly determined that no collection is complete without Surefire lights. I'm also drawn to these particular models as they are easily modded with endless options (the small block Chevy of the flashlight world). Now I just need to figure out which drop ins to install!!!

Skyeye

Enlightened
Coleman Exponent Mini Headlamp.

I wanted a decent throwing hands free light to use while walking the dog,etc.

See my mini review in the CPF Headlamps forum.

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase was a Fenix LD10, to replace my L1D that was lost (and later found).

Latest posts