What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Richub

Enlightened
Bought a Fenix LD25 for a friend.

He asked me where he could get a decent flashlight since they are going camping next week, and their Maglite was ruined by leaking alkalines.... Near the little village where he lives are no decent outdoor sports stores, so I bought a LD25 for him.

He picked it up yesterday, and LOVES it. :)

I already have a LD40, but I'll be getting a LD25 too. Same neutral color, but the size is a lot more convenient for carrying in a pocket.

Ryan_T

Newly Enlightened
Just got myself a PD30 for a music festival, this is after I ordered a Gerber Infinity Ultra to cap off a discount from an unrelated online order.

The Fenix is my first grown-up flashlight and I'm loving it so far. I had a Coleman multi-colour LED that was brighter than anything I ever had previously, but this is a completely different level of light.

rlorion

Newly Enlightened
Just bought an ITP R01 so I can recharge it while I am at work...just plug it into my computer(USB) and let it charge. I can charge it almost anywhere and it comes with a Spare battery so I can always have juice.

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered a Xeno EO3 in neutral from tacticalhid.com. Planning on using it on my bike handlebars for commuting. Will also make a nice EDC backup.

knifeMaker

Newly Enlightened
I've been a lurker here for several years. Good place to "learn". I really didn't know enough to ask questions.

I finally joined this week.

I just ordered a TK-35. Liked the power to size ratio.

I currently have Sure fire M-3 Turbo, C-2 converted to LED and one of the original E-2's, along with Jet beam, M1-X, Olight M-20 prem, Fenix T-1, along with a POS pentagon. (Total waste of money!), A Streamlite turbo rechargeable, and a few small pocket lights.

Wish I could fit a LED to the SureFire E-2, but the first generation was made a lot differently than they are now. I haven't seen a DP-in that will work.

Looking forward to trying out the TK-35 here on the ranch.
Also ordered a ultra-violet light at the same time. We seem to raise more Scorpions here than anything else. I hate the little B's. If I can see them. I can Kill Them!

Thanks for all the good info over the past couple of years!:)

KnifeMaker

edpmis02

Enlightened
Darnit... Just ordered one of the $34 Newegg Stainless Fenix LD01 R5s.

I just got the same deal from Amazon.. A month or two ago.. I was looking at at a SS Revo S2 due to a discount code.. but got cold feet from the greenish tint many folks commented on.. Now all Revo's are out of stock.. This will replace the L0D Q4 on my keychain. It never looked right when using it outdoors.. Glad I waited!!

bodhran

Enlightened
I already had an M61HCRI but just recieved an MD2 host I got from Mikellen over in the marketplace. It came with the hi/low ring and delrin shroud with clip. The ultra clear lens I had fit perfect. I wanted a quality, easy to use light and this fits the bill.

Monk3807

Newly Enlightened
Was thinking about getting a new Surefire but they raised their prices awhile ago. Guys at work are raving about Fenix flashlights so I got a Fenix PD31 a few weeks ago. I've been really happy with it and use it every night at work. Now my Surefires and Streamlights are collecting dust.

Scubie67

Enlightened
My L1D from 2007 ,Q2 emitter .Very useable EDC for time being anyways,hankering for something better now that LEDs have progressed thats its really worthwhile to upgrade, not for just making 1 or 2 advancement in LED tech binning jumps because of just slight improvement in performance.

margret green

Banned
You are actually fascinated with flashlights.
As far as I am concerned, you have a good childhood with the maglites.

thaugen

Enlightened
ThruNite 1C Neutral because I wanted a bright, compact light to run on RCR123a and wanted to give neutral a shot...it's a great light with a nice warm tint.

brembo

Enlightened
Ugh, two in the last week. Nitecore EX10 SP and a ZL SC30 (pending).

Nitecore: Really wanted to see what the build quality is like, wanted to try the piston setup AND it was 29 bucks, LNIB. Once I got a confirmation from precisionworks that he could indeed slot it for a trit I was all over it.

ZL: I do not like how they look, I don't like the fact that Li-ion cells are not the preferred food for them, but 100's of CPF-goers cannot be wrong in their love of the ZLs. The clip and headband put me over the edge (along with the asking price). Maybe I'll fall in love with ZL and have a whole wad of fantastic lights to choose from, I sure hope so.

BadBulb4U

Newly Enlightened
Four hours ago I bought a Surefire E1B in black, from my local gun store. It had a price of $119.95 on it and I asked him to ring it up. I couldn't be happier. Why? Let's see /0 0\ - a Surefire from an authorized dealer and a great price! :thumbsup:

Ishango

Enlightened
Ugh, two in the last week. Nitecore EX10 SP and a ZL SC30 (pending).

I own both and they are both great lights. The Nitecore is built very solid and the piston drive feels very solid to me. And adding a trit on it would be very nice. The SC30, in my case the warm version, is also very nice. I actually do like the design, it just looks good, but nonetheless it is a great light and I've used it with great pleasure. Enjoy them!

Ian2381

Enlightened
Bought a Trustfire X9 and Keygos KE5, Both are cheap thrower lights using 1x18650 which I need as complementary light to my Zebralight H51 for a Mountain hiking trip. For the price I paid It definitely worth it, build quality is good plus the fact I took good care of my lights.

slate

Newly Enlightened
Just bought a Klarus XT10. I wanted a seperate instant strobe button. Tired of cycling through odes to get to strobe.