What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

red_hackle

Enlightened
Surefire C2 bored by Oveready

Why did I buy it? :thinking:

1) ...because I was looking for a suitable host for an older ribbed M2 bezel I have found on a well-known online auction site.

2) ...because I have never owned a C2 before and wanted to know what the hype is all about.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
W00t!!!

I lucked out!

Went to Lowes to pick up a LED Lenser T7 model for testing & review purposes. Then, I saw it. . .

A SureFire G2L with the new KX4 LED head! (Not to be confused with the new G2X model.) Only $65. Had to have it. In true flashaholic fashion, I bought both! Now pretty much broke for the rest of the week. Oh well, it's only money. :)

LED Lenser T7 will be EDCed for now.

KX4 head is going on my much-loved C2 model. The G2L is getting the old bezel that originally came on my C2. The P91 lamp currently in my C2 is going into a 6P. And going to pit a P60 into my new G2L.

I've tried other LED drop-ins in my C2. (All aftermarket.) None allowed the bezel to be screwed back down all the way. Thus, the clip developed too much wobble. Now I've got a SureFire spec. head, and new life for my first ever SureFire light. :party::party::party:

edpmis02

Enlightened
I am waiting for delivery of a Quark 123 with Prism kit.. I wanted a small, hands free, water proof, cold weather, multi-use, light for the glove box of my car.

Kontour

Newly Enlightened
HDS Clicky High CRI. Wanted one for ages as an EDC and it should be the last light I need for a while..........I hope (or my bank account does).

Bloke

Newly Enlightened
My last LED purchased was literally my LAST LED purchase. At least for quite a loooong time.

I have more than enough lights now to cover alll my needs and wants... although if I could afford one I would hunt down a Tri-V spy, sell all my other lights, and live happily ever after :D

But the last LED I bought was the older version of the Fenix PD20
2008912101557452.jpg

Because I like how it's a shorter single cell version of my PD30 R4

Not really keen on the look of the newer model PD20 with it's generic looking knurled style that looks much like a lot of other plain and simple knurled single CR123 lights. Yawn....

RyanA

Flashlight Enthusiast
An Arc 6 because it is an interesting mix of HDS and McGizmo. Also because it is very small and versatile.

Jash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Malkoff MD2 with H/L ring.

Beautiful light with the PERFECT beam pattern and output for walking the dog. Not as bright as some of my other lights but the quality and design outperform the others by miles.

Love your work Gene.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Still waiting on the upgrade that Henry is working on for the Ra Clicky. Until then, I had my eye on the E05, but am still a little hesitant to see what 4Sevens is brewing up as a "EO1 Killer"...

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
Revo SS: 'cause I missed out the first time. ;)

-also-

Photon Freedom Micro w/ covert nose: Wow is all that I can say. Instant shortcuts to high and low. Low is much, much dimmer than my SC50w and Inova Microlight (both ~0.6lm). This is on stock 2x2016 too. I'm going to love the versatility of this thing.

Vortus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just picked up a Fenix P1d with a leef body with a red trit and clicky. Wife wanted something to replace her JB CLE as she isn't fond of the twisty. So this would be perfect for her purse light.

The Jinx

Newly Enlightened
The last flashlight I picked up was a TaskForce 2D with a Cree XR-C only because I wanted something I can throw in the car and forget.

sethistruckin

Newly Enlightened
I picked up A Quark Mini 123 and Quark Mini AA both with the Warm white emitter. These are very limited supply and I was curious to try out a Warm tinted LED, and I think I fell in love with these two lights. They are extremely lightweight (especially the AA version with a lithium AA battery) which is great for my hiking trips.

I also purchased another Fenix LD20 as a gift and I am looking for a similar light to order for another gift at the end of the month.

widgetdr

Newly Enlightened
I last purchased a Photon Proton Cree because it had the combo red/white led's. Great little light. It will not be my "last" light though. I signed up on this forum for the express purpose of learning more about lights and mods to make them better.

billbunton

Newly Enlightened
I picked up a Surefire E1L yesterday. Just because I was at REI and they had it. I can tell CPF is going to be (another) expensive forum to be a member of!

Belstaff1464

Enlightened
This morning I bought another orange Cerakoted HDS Clicky because it's a great light and Cerakote is now my favoured finish on a light. And I needed a spare.

This evening I bought my Grail light - the Titanium HDS/Ra Clicky. Reason = this is the ultimate example of a wonderful light. It's the only way to make a near-perfect light perferct. What's not to like ? :twothumbs