What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

Eighty3

Newly Enlightened
Just bought my 2nd and 3rd torch from 4sevens, quark mini AA2 and quark 123. Reason... needed more 4sevens lovecpf

Anaconda

Newly Enlightened
The last light I got was the "ugly light" or Magicshine MC-E dive light. Since then I've opened the light and loctited the threads a bit and now it's working less than perfectly... :sick2: .. But in the process I got to signing up here and I suppose that counts as a bonus of some sort.

22hornet

Enlightened
Hello,
This week I ordered a Surefire E2LAA. It will only arrive within a couple of weeks, so I have to be patient. I'm really curious how it will perform.
I wonder if it is compatible with my old (luxeon) E1L so I can also use the 2AA body on it.
And vice versa, if I can use the new head on the single CR123 body, and what cells I can use.

I'm already looking forward to order yet another Surefire...

Kind regards,
Joris

Lucciola

Enlightened
.. But in the process I got to signing up here and I suppose that counts as a bonus of some sort.

:welcome: Not of some sort. That's THE Bonus! :D Possibly it was your fate to buy this light so it will lead you to the path of enlightment. :party:
My last purchase was the Quark Mini 123 NW. I wanted a light which would fit in a small compartment in the dashboard of my car as an emergency backup.

Although I generally buy almost exclusively AA lights I wanted something with a CR123 cell for this purpose. Not only because it is small but also because of the long-therm relyability.

The light will probably rest for a long time in my car without being used (for that I normally carry two EDCs). But when I need it I want it to work even if my car parked a whole night outside at -10°C.

The Mini 123 NW fits my bill perfectly:
  • Reasonably priced for a light which I do not intended to use often
  • CR123, long storage life, good performance in winter.
  • Twisty, so no parasitic drain
  • Small and light, so I can hold it with my teeth if handsfree use is necessary
  • Floody beam, which I find useful for close and medium range.
  • Two modes with extended runtime for closeup work, one mode with full brightness should I really search for something outside the car. IMHO brightness levels and runtimes are excellent for such a small light.
  • Neutral white tint which is my personal preference. I simply find the tint so "friendly" and comfortable to look at. Unfortunately the NW version is sold out in the meantime. Otherwise I would have bought more for my familly. Although for an emergency backup the neutral tint is not really important. It's just the icing to the cake.
Greetings, Lucciola

CodeRed

Newly Enlightened
The LEd flashlights that I have recently purchased:

HDS Ra Tac clicky 170
McGizmo Sapphire 27
Peak Brass Logan

Still waiting to receive that last two...

JustMeAgain

Newly Enlightened
Just got it Saturday. I bought this off eBay. It's called the Tite-Light Base Camp with 3 mod with a high out-put Cree bulb. I wanted an AC-DC rechargeable light to save on battery $$$ that was bright with a good beam and got it. Can even charge it on the road. Still waiting for my very last buy! Maybe midweek. (1 more and that's it)

Overlap

Newly Enlightened
I just bought a Sunwayman M40C. I was hesitant to do it because I already have a Fenix TK40. I do however, like the smaller size of the M40C. The TK40 seems to throw a bit tighter beam, but the M40C has a more useful spread for most uses. The dimmest output on the M40C is not very useful even if it does last for 40 hours. I wish they had upped it. The middle output could also be brighter for a "normal" mode and still have good battery life. I don't know if I'll use the red and blue much. They are nice to have though.

Old18c

Newly Enlightened
I bought a Stream light Super TAC, I wanted a longer reaching white light for shooting when not using night vision for the rifle.

Matt7337

Enlightened
Just got a nitecore D11 for using at work because my other 6 lights at work were getting lonely :thumbsup:

Me too, just bought a D11 off the marketplace because:

- I love Nitecore lights - probably my favourite production manufacturer at the moment.

- My D20 R2 is one of the gems in my collection, and something just a little smaller with (pretty much) the same UI would make a great pocketable EDC.

- I wanted an EDC light that I can run on Alkaline primaries for when I'm away from home for several days.

- It was a steal! :nana:

Teobaldo

Newly Enlightened
My last purchase was the Fenix TA21 to use it in the handle of my bicycle. I have left several times at night and the utility that lend is enormous, serves so that the cars see me well and the people too. I will use it in my holidays of next month to travel from night in mountain bike by the desert.

Closet_Flashaholic

Enlightened
Pre-order Maelstrom S2 edition. Why? - Because I have enough XPG-R5 lights and didn't need another one and 4Sevens finally got the UI straightened out by providing a moonlight mode and max mode in the "regular" set of modes. I still don't like the fact that it requires 2 hands to change modes (twisting the head), but I am going to give it a try now that an S2 version is available. The jury is still out how bad the donut hole is, difficult to tell by pictures, have to see in person. I had been very close to pulling the trigger on a Olight M20 S (special ops edition) because of the UI, but as I said, I already have enough XPG-R5 lights so I never got a round tuit.

rajalexi

Newly Enlightened
I just received my Trustfire F25 from KaiDomain because it looked cool and different. I believe it is actually Stainless steel. It is very heavy and I scratched the inside pretty deep and didnt see any discoloration. It was hard to scratch. It is pretty bright for $20. I still like my 4Sevens for EDC because it is a lot floodier.

lovecpf

Dual

Newly Enlightened
SC51a.jpg

SC51b.jpg

SC51c.jpg

Got it to replace the D10. Liking it alot so far. :twothumbs

soloxx

Newly Enlightened
Since August; Sunwayman's M40C and M40A, Olight M30, Lumapower D-Mini X, Fenix TK40, Jetbeam RRT-3 and the Tesla TL1200.

Why? Because I stumbled on some silly website that evaluates flashlights, has pictures, is available late at night, and encourages me to explore the depths of my savings account (Yes, there is a bottom).

Crazy or crazy fun? Both, I suspect.:shrug:

maniacyak

Newly Enlightened
I've been lurking here for a while but I thought this thread would be a good place to jump in! My flashlight history to date:

• Arc-AAA Premium (2004 vintage)
  • Fenix L1T V2 Rebel ('07 Christmas gift for mum)
  • Fenix L0D Q4 Christmas Edition ('07 Christmas gift for sister)
  • Fenix E01 (to replace worn-out Arc-AAA on keychain)
  • Fenix LD01 Q5 Stainless Steel ('08 Christmas gift for Dad)
  • NiteCore D10 Golden Dragon ('08 Christmas gift for, er, me)
The NiteCore is a sad story actually; it was a great light, but then one day this happened as I was unscrewing it: :sick2:

3768110293_70f2b0b2f5_z_d.jpg

I got a replacement under warranty that turned out to have horrendously high parasitic drain - like dead battery in 3 days horrendous. Unfortunately it took me a few weeks to notice so I haven't been able to get it replaced, and I've kind of gone off them as a brand. :sigh:

This month I decided it was time to supersede the faulty D10, and the flashlight bug has well and truly bitten me. I got the JetBeam E3S as a birthday gift from my parents and my new ZebraLight SC51 has just turned up. (Yeah, I've got a bit of a thing for single AA lights.) I'm thrilled with them both.

E3S impressions: It's built like a tank, feels great in the hand, has a lovely smooth beam with a really white tint, and the clicky is a pleasure to use. Unfortunately my one has a noticeably off-centre emitter, but as it's only a millimetre or so and the light works fine I suspect it's not worth making a fuss about.

SC51 impressions: It's TINY, feels incredibly well built and I like the UI. Beam is great but the tint on mine is a little bit green. (Will maybe think about picking up an SC51w when they're available.) The only thing I don't like is that it needs to be locked out when put in a pocket - the microswitch is a little too easy to trigger IMO.

Thinking about a 2AA light for the next purchase, trying to decide between a Quark AA² and an EagleTac P10A2... although I'm also really tempted by the Fenix E21.

afdk

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

:sssh:I bought a Surefire E2D Led defender, (200 lumen). I carry a light in my work bag every day and currently it's a UK-Zoom light at 77 lumen. I just wanted a brighter light that can also be used defensively or maybe to break something, (car window).

krevo

Newly Enlightened
As of this week, a Nitecore D11 first, then a ZL SC50w+, and today a Warm tinted Quark Mini 123.

I'm on a rampage. lol

Quelalumieresoit

Newly Enlightened
:wave:
Fenix TK 30
Mostly for "Geocaching" (www.geocaching.com) and "Cistes" hunting (www.cistes.net) .

I need a versatile multi power torch (primaries/rechargeable), not too bulky (2 or 4 primaries; 1 or 2 18650 rechargeable), with a good throw and a wide usable beam.
The TK 30 seems to be a winner for the main searching tasks.
Plus, of course, a backup light which usually comes from Surefire or HDS Ralights

weez82

Enlightened
I just got into led flashlights and wow, it's addictive :scowl: :)

I got the Fenix LD10 Q5 a few weeks ago. I love it. I wanted an aa light for hiking/camping and edc. I love almost everything about this torch. This would be perfect if it had moon mode and if the sos and strobe mode where hidden. Other than that, I love it. Perfect size and weight (for me anyway) and I love the anti roll without having to use the clip :)