What was the last LED light you purchased and why?

lasermax

Newly Enlightened
hi all just to let you know this is the first time hear so a very awsome site well let's see about every month I have had the surefire bug sooo with this I have bought since of 2011 january a surefire e2dl febuary a surefire lx2 and now just ordered a surefire e1b backup wow its very catching to have this bug of flashlights I bought these because of walking home at night from work and yes I carry concealed to but it is nice to see the problem ahead of time but also I like to play with them in the dark to see the throw but thanks for all of your experince hear take care ye all

highcam

Newly Enlightened
I last got a Legion II SST-50 and it is a really fantastic light. It has a unique user interface with a thumb rotating sleeve used to select the modes, and it also has 1000+ lumens output using 3 x 18650's. Absolutey awesome output.

The only drawback is that the manufacturer, Neofab, seems to be in major difficulties at the moment and is subject to attention in the jeers section.

That is a real pity because this light is exceptional in my view.

JeffInChi

Enlightened
Quark Turbo AAx2 with warm tint.

Why? I never had a warm tinted led light, and I wanted to see how close it was to the mags of my youth.

It's very close.

Last edited:

magicmanchris

Newly Enlightened
Elektro Lumens "FireSword V." Why? Build quality seemed to be on high end. From what members posted about Wayne's lights seemed to be nothing but positive. I wanted to order his KONG-12, so I ordered the FireSword first just to get a true sample of his quality creations. The FireSword seemed like a nice dog walking light and it has met that need well. Only had it a week, and its a winner. Wayne's building my KONG-12 now, but will be using the XM-L LED's on mine.
MagicMan

billbunton

Newly Enlightened
Technically, I guess the last one was a Malkoff Wildcat. Why? Well, because I ordered a Hound Dog XM-L, and they sent me the Wildcat by mistake. I liked it, though, so I paid for it while they were sending me the HD XM-L :)

cxg231

Newly Enlightened
Felix HL20 headlamp. I wanted a headlamp without a rear-mounted battery pack primarily for working under my car where the rear battery pack is in the way, but also for camping and other outdoor activities. And I wanted a AA powered light as all my EDC lights are 123A powered and I have a LOT of AA batteries lying around waiting to get used up! :sick2:

cmanley

Newly Enlightened
I just got a Surefire C3 ha, a Mcclicky switch,and a Malkoff M61wll.It will be primarily a camping and hiking light.The color rendition and long runtime are just what I was looking for.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
Last Friday UPS dropped of my 4sevens maelstrom G5, and I love it! I Got it because it uses an 18650, has excellent throw, very good output and manufactured by 4sevens. On Sunday I found a new EDC light, a streamlight pt 1aa, and I also like it a whole lot! Its the perfect size for me, and uses AA.

Both are excellent lights and I am sure will get lots of use!

Waco

Newly Enlightened
Last one was a Redline by Nebo. No reason to buy - it just was neat. Was actually looking for a signal mirror and the salesperson was showing the lignt to another customer. The other guy didn't buy, but I did.

BryDaddy

Newly Enlightened
Re: Solar day

Olight SR91..............because its huge, and AWESOME!!!.........next month the SR90 will make its way to my home!!! then maybe this "firesword-V" i keep hearing about..........

M

motucandle

a maglite XL50, looked like a good deal at home depot. Why, I just love flashlights.

al93535

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't handle it! I ordered the 4sevens quark AA!! I think the anticipation of it in the mail is just as fun as when I get it. I ordered it because I really like 4sevens products, it will be a small EDC light, it has multiple modes and has just over 100 lumens!

Magnus1959

Newly Enlightened
Bought a Gold E01 because I can't seem to remove the battery on my old purple E01. Still works but battery will die sometime. Found my way to the throne many a night, sniff.

Illuminator

Newly Enlightened
IRIX II (gray) headlamps for emergency preparedness. I like the fact that all ICONs use regular AA batteries and this will come handy when I start using rechargeable batteries with solar powered charger.

OfficerSheepDog

Newly Enlightened
Bought the Thrunite Scorpion 2 weeks ago waiting on it to come in.

I just love the beam, absolute perfect if you ask me. The settings although some find confusing I personally find them excellent.