what was your first led light

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Either the Civictor or the Huntlight FT02X. Can't remember which I got first.

adnj

Enlightened
NiteEyez LED drop-in for AA Mini Maglite, and Maglite's original first LED drop-in modules.
Modded minimag by myself with diy lambda pill , than Dexlight x1.
Mike
Inova X5 paid waaaaay to much for it at a pawn shop lol
I remember buying an Inova and couple of Mini-mag drop-ins soon after doing a Mini-Mag resistor/LED mod.

I hadn't thought of those in years.

Sent from my LG-V520 using Tapatalk

holygeez03

Enlightened
Mine was a keychain light from Sharper Image... kinda looked like a big silver bullet... super dim, blue LED and used 3 watch batteries... I thought it was pretty cool and ended up putting a different LED in it from Radio Shack.

My first real LED light was a Fenix 2xAA... still have it around, but never really use it... shortly after bought a Quark 2xAA Tactical with a Neutral... still use it, but with 1x14500... love the rear clicky with momentary and the simple two-mode interface.

Another very early light was my Jetbeam E3P with warm emitter... solid chunk of stainless steel and momentary switch... still resides on my nightstand.

gottawearshades

Enlightened
I carried and lost two or three CMG Infinities back when I was in the Army, in the 90s. They were futuristic compared to the plastic angle lights.

Midnightglass

Newly Enlightened
I just signed up, actually looking to purchase my first real light. I'm into knives and whiskey, lights seem like a good progression of obsession.

This thread has me thinking - I better make my first light a good one for future threads like this..

snakebite

Flashlight Enthusiast
empty pr base with 3 nichia 5600mcd whites and a 3.3ohm resistor.
yes i sacrificed a working bulb to make it.
worked well in anything with 3 cells.
even a generator light.
had to have been early 90's and a guy at hamvention had bags of 100 $5 /bag.
he wondered why he sold out so fast.
i got 4 bags.
they got passed around our group and suddenly every flashlight was a led .

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Trip down memory lane. Not sure, but I think is was the Photon micro-light, circa 2000. There were also those early, multi-LED flashlights from online retailer, glow-bug. I never understood why those lights did not include reflectors... A few years down the road I think, there was the ARC. Anybody remember the frenzy over those? I still have the CPF editions...

martinaee

Flashlight Enthusiast
"Good" light? The Fenix LD20 xp-g Q5 that I got in 2008. Great light.... I lost it years ago. I'm seriously considering buying a 2015 model LD22 just because Fenix seems like they are never going to upgrade the LD20/22 line again at this point. They just came out with the E20 v2, but even though I'm sure that light is great it isn't the same line really just because it's 2AA format. The 2AA format is so neglected these days in general. It's a shame.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Arc AAA premium (a couple of lumens more from its 5mm led)

Opalec dropin for mini mag. 3 x 5mm leds, but! Flat regulated runtime for 10 hours on 2 alk AAs! And! A 3mm red led to tell you when it was no longer in that regulation period. I think it was 12 lumens, something like that.

Everled Maglite drop in. Anywhere from 2-6 cells, a side emitting luxeon led, flat regulation on 2D alks, AND it even came in a variety of colors! Emit green light, like a wizard! 35 lumens, maybe. At most.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

greatscoot

Flashlight Enthusiast
My first LED was a SureFire dropin for my 6P. The first light was an HDS Rotary (7-8 yrs ago, possibly more and I still own it).

ghostguy6

Enlightened
I think it was a NiteIze mini mag upgrade. First real light was a 1st gen Pelican 2330, the one with a 1 hour burn time at 40 lumens. Funny how that one was the brightest at bar I worked in.

idleprocess

Flashaholic
My first LED 'flashlight' was a super-dim keychain light of some sorts sporting a red LED running on some alkaline coin cells. Runtime was meh and it had enough output to find a keyhole in near-total darkness but it was compact and ran a long time relative to a mag solitaire with similar output.

troutpool

Flashlight Enthusiast
Mine was an Arc AAA. I ended up selling it, but I still have another one like it in the collection. The AAA LED format is still a favorite & has come a long way since the days of it's progenitor.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
I believe my first was the Dorcy Cool Blue, purchased at Walmart in late 2002. Then I discovered the LED Museum site and CPF. That light was soon followed by a Shorelite V1 and an Arc AAA. Still have them all.

Geoff

Vemice

Enlightened
Several years ago I started with the Thrunite Ti3. Still got it.
lJhNXDG.jpg