What y'all think the GladiatorVN ?

ven

Flashaholic
Well its a defensive light, im not saying I would actually use it in that manner just carrying on from what others have said...

If used in a life threatening situation then its classed as self defence

It is a defense light which is fine, but to discuss striking is not, just saying in case it goes further :thumbsup:

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Has anyone opinion on this light changed now that vinh has released his review video?

I am a bit concerned with run times on this light with it being a P60 drop in, what am I expected to get before it steps down? Someone mentioned 1 minute on P60's?

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
Yes im so close to ordering it but so far. I think if it was a cheaper light it would be worth the punt. Its one of those that's going to sit and not get much use. Or maybe im wrong?

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm honestly pitting this against the M30CvnX. I'm more a throw guy that tends to stretch out his arm to get more distance from an edc thrower and the M30CvnX is really calling my name. but...

1. I really like low profile of the GladiatorVN. There's actually an Ozark Trail bat-light I saw at Walmart I was heavily tempted to purchase and beg for Vinhification but the GladiatorVN definitely has a better "look" to it. Producing this in any situation shows you can take care of yourself compared to looking like a street punk swinging a cheap preschool bat.
2. That THICK 1-piece tube on the GladiatorVN screams sturdiness. There is space for one more next to my crowbar and my "hooligan tool" on my forklift. Can anyone who owns a M30C comment on the size/ thickness of it's handle?
3. The M30CvnX doesn't seem to have a price yet :( I didn't even know the one on the September sale was for "immediate sale". I was somehow expecting him to say "FIAT LUX" at some point.

oh, and...
4. I don't see another paycheck for a couple weeks :( :( :(.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the P60vn Quad XHP35 16 volt Gladiator light engine with 4 x 18350 body et cetera to make a complete light.

This item will be only half the length of the Gladiator body, with the same 16 volts, but four IMR 18350 instead of four 18650 cells.

This item will provide maximum lumens for its head diameter, for short burst. :)

outofthedarkness

Enlightened
I ordered the P60vn Quad XHP35 16 volt Gladiator light engine with 4 x 18350 body et cetera to make a complete light.

This item will be only half the length of the Gladiator body, with the same 16 volts, but four IMR 18350 instead of four 18650 cells.

This item will provide maximum lumens for its head diameter, for short burst. :)
Sounds so cool. Put some pics up when you get a chance

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast

Sounds fascinating, richbuff!
You always pick winners.
What kind of numbers are you anticipating out of this mini-beast?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
The volts are there for probably the same Max Burst 7,200 lumens, but the amp capacity is lower, so I anticipate close to 7,200 lumens for short burst.

My philosophy high performance: I want a mode selection available on all led lights to select a medium mode to get medium run time, but I also require a mode selection choice available that can put forth all its got in a short time. :)

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
I ordered the GladiatorVN XHP35, and really liked it. Both the tint and beam profile were minuses, but, dear lord was it ever a bright and cool looking tool. However two of the LED's stopped working due to a simple solder break, (even the very, very good among us will have one in a while). So I at the time, not knowing what the issue could be, sent it back. Vinh said he wouldn't be able to look into it for a while due to being overwhelmed, so I just forked over the extra $ and got me an X7Vn. Turns out it was just a solder connection had come loose.

So yeah, it's crazy bright. Even when it only had two LED's working I was still contemplating keeping it because of how bright it still was. Since that time, I'm sure Vinh has made any necessary adjustments to constructing the Gladiator engine.

Last edited:

alwayslight

Newly Enlightened
I think I bought the nichia 18650 version recently. It's solid and an A+ in what it was built for. Let's just say that the light output is certainly stunning.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
First regular mail delivery day of Year 2017: In from Vinh: P60vn quad XHP35 Gladiator engine 16 volt, 4*18350 body.

"P60vn
XHP35 HI cw
Driver VN2

Max lumen: 7,000
ANSI lumen: 5,400
Max Lux: 38K
Max throw: 390 M
DOB: 12/30/2016"

Super bright for head diameter, just why I ordered it. :)

ven

Flashaholic
Awesome and congrats mr buff, we really need you to get some pics up of this forever growing v54 collection.....................:D

Latest posts