What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-runs?

Southpaw1925

Newly Enlightened
What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

Family matters & full house!

harro

Enlightened
Northern Exposure.

I have some of the seasons on DVD, and it can still make me laugh out loud.

Yes, YES, YES, YES. Such a quirky show, but loved every episode from start to finish, mind you, the very last couple of epps were just plain wierd. What was the on again, off again, pilot chick,s ( sorry, no PC here ) name ???

:tinfoil:

buds224

Enlightened
Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

:caution: Television series mentioned above that are available on Hulu: Firefly, A-Team, Airwolf, Fall Guy, Alf, Twilight Zone, Stargate Universe, Stargate Atlantis, 24, Star Trek: The Next Generation, Star Trek: Enterprise, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, MXC. :caution:

Dude, you are perhaps the only other human soul who even remembers that show existed.. Somebody posted some of the episodes over on YouTube not long ago, and watching it now, it's like the most embarrassingly awful rip-off of Tron and whatever other sci-fi cliches were laying around in the early 80's. But if you were young enough to think Small Wonder was awesome, then it fit right in..

OH SNAP, Small Wonder!!!! I remember that one too!

BarryG

Enlightened
I do remember Manimal, liked it as a kid but only lasted one season. Also enjoyed Misfit's of Science and Wonder Woman. I think Linda Carter was my first crush!

Barry

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, YES, YES, YES. Such a quirky show, but loved every episode from start to finish, mind you, the very last couple of epps were just plain wierd. What was the on again, off again, pilot chick,s ( sorry, no PC here ) name ???

:tinfoil:

Janine Turner??

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
: O I didn't know that.
I'm getting Season 3 and part of 4 now!

im not very up to date with the jericho. but back when i watched it, IIRC, the show was ended abruptly. im not sure if they continued making more episodes or not.
but i do know because it was canceled they finished up the story in the form of a graphic novel (comic book). thats where i ended my interest in jericho. they could have actually continued with the story after the 1 grahic novel. but i had lost interest and never bothered to check it up.

i think im going to have to check out northern exposure if i can find it. i remember that show when i was young, but it probably bored me, and my short attention span. all i could remember was the short-haired brunette was very pretty. LoL

Last edited:

adnj

Enlightened
I would lile to see "The Prisoner". Without a doubt, one of the most enigmatic, original and thought provoking shows in television history.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Re: What's a canceled tv show you wish they'd bring back, even if it was just re-r

Ally McBeal,, unfortunately, when a few of the characters finally developed into people you could actually care about....the show was cancelled. The bar scenes at the end of the episode was worth suffering through the neuroses.

Thats the way I saw it,

~ Chance

EZO

Flashlight Enthusiast
A lot of posters to this thread, including me have mentioned shows they enjoyed in their younger days all the way back to their childhoods. In more recent times, the show I was most unhappy to see canceled was HBO's Deadwood. It was said at the time that new historical characters were going to be introduced to the town of Deadwood including a visit from Mark Twain. I was very interested to see what David Milch, the writer, director and executive producer would come up with. I have been a fan of his ever since he developed NYPD Blue. Like NYPD Blue with metro crime procedurals, Deadwood was a game changer in the world of television Westerns (and influenced a number of motion pictures that came after it) in terms of realism, attention to historical detail (which included the use of foul language), lighting, cinematography, acting quality and character development. There has never really been anything quite like it. Re-runs are available on HBO GO which is great but I would have loved to see the series continued and been entertained by its observations of the founding and development of Deadwood, South Dakota.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
2 of my favorite shows to watch in the 90's was the X-files and unsolved mysteries,with robert stack. God i miss the good ol' days of hearing roberts deep voice. He could make anything sound interesting. i'm convinced he could be talking about different types of grass and dirt and i'd still probably listen to what he said with interest. Not to sure i'd want to see any NEW episodes of the X-files cause they would probably butcher them, so i'd settle for re-runs. it's kinda like Hawaii 5-0, i LOVED the orginal series with jack lord, but HATE with a passion the new one. same with the twilight zone, loved the old black and white episodes, hated the ones in the 80's.

I also miss the show called MXC, though many may have not heard of it.

Your turn!

i hate to admit it, but I'd probably watch any show that talked about grass and dirt even if the host was boring and had an annoying voice. There's two reasons for that: 1. My business is landscaping related, and the soil around here is probably the worst on the planet, so it needs improvement. 2. Even if I had no interest in grass or dirt, it would still be more interesting than 98% of the terrible, fake "reality" shows on these days.

As far as shows to bring back, I haven't gotten into many series over the past 20+ years, but back in the mid 2000's HBO had created some winners, but then they inexplicably began canceling these shows in mid run even though most had good ratings(???). One was Deadwood, then there was Carnivale, which was unusual but good, and Rome. Big Love was pretty good too. I could've watched another year or two of The Wire, which could be the best 1 or 2 tv series of all time.

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
The fall guy and the 6 million dollar man. Maybe even the bionic woman.

+1 on Airwolf.

You must be the manager of the Lee Majors fan club! I was like 5 when 6 Million Dollar Man came out and I loved it back then. My neighbors wouldn't let their son watch it because they thought it was demonic or something, go figure. I watched the Spin off where Steve Austin's girlfriend was given bionics too. Fall Guy was ok but not too memorable IMO. I have always wondered why they don't run 6 Million dollar man reruns somewhere.

But Airwolf? Seriously? Why not Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

OCD

Enlightened
You must be the manager of the Lee Majors fan club! I was like 5 when 6 Million Dollar Man came out and I loved it back then. My neighbors wouldn't let their son watch it because they thought it was demonic or something, go figure. I watched the Spin off where Steve Austin's girlfriend was given bionics too. Fall Guy was ok but not too memorable IMO. I have always wondered why they don't run 6 Million dollar man reruns somewhere.

But Airwolf? Seriously? Why not Buck Rogers in the 25th Century?

I watched my share of Buck Rogers. Erin Gray was easy on the eyes, but Twiki...that dude, er...thing was freaky!

I also enjoyed Battlestar Galactica.

Last edited:

HighlanderNorth

Flashlight Enthusiast
I watched my share of Buck Rogers. Erin Gray was easy on the eyes, but Twiki...that dude, er...thing was freaky!

I also enjoyed Battlestar Galactica.

Yeah, and remember that other robot that Twiki wore like a necklace? It was round and its name was doctor Theopolis I think. It was the brains and Twiki was the transportation. But Erin Gray was hot back in the day.