What's that word?

Steve K

Flashlight Enthusiast
I need an adjective that describes someone as "having a strong desire to see retribution or finding great satisfaction in knowing that the party in the wrong has been punished by retribution." For example, a dealer that provides terrible customer service quickly goes out of business because no one buys from them anymore. This brings me great satisfaction, because I'm __________.

I'm not looking for words like vengeful or vindictive, because those have to do with directly seeking revenge. I'm talking more about have a strong desire to see karma do its thing.

I think "vindictive" is still appropriate, even if it is a passive thing like karma that produces the retribution.

Otherwise, I don't know of a single word that describes "retribution through karma", so I'd say that the sentence should be "...because I'm a believer in karma".

or maybe "...because I'm Hindu", which I've been told by an Indian buddy is the origin of the idea of karma (or at least the name).

Jumpmaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vindicated? As in, you knew the business was bad and now that they've lost their business, that feeling you had about them was true and you were proven correct...

Don't know...figured it might fit better than some of the other words...maybe?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the suggestion, guys; they come close. Unless there really is a word that's this specific, perhaps the best solution is to just describe it in a sentence like some have suggested.

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
A sense of justice has been satisfied.

Just retribution

but I would submit that all human beliefs of justice are opinions, and inherently 'sloppy' incomplete, without the imprimatur of God.

Last edited: