Whats the NRA?

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
The NRA is the parent of the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action) which is the lobbying arm and the NRA PVF (Politican Victory Fund)which funds campaign contributions, media spots, etc. The PVF (a PAC - Political Action Committee) has become extremely important since the passage of the Campaign Reform Act. It's the only voice us little guy shooters have -- the media and the PACs formed by Soros and others are literally unrestricted in what they can say or spend.

Memberships in the NRA support education, training, gun saftey programs, etc. None of the membership $$ go to the political side, so direct contributions to the ILA and PVF are very important.

The NRA is considered to be the most powerful lobby existing right now (closely followed by the AARP!!).

Even if you don't care anything about shooting, hunting or firearms in general, a few dollars to the NRA is money well invested by freedom loving Americans. If the 2nd Amendment goes away, all the others will be at risk.

Time to get off my soapbox.

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
One more quesiton, why is the NRA combatlight less $ than the normal G2Z? arent they the same? I would expect the NRA to cost more?

Malpaso

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Mags_despiser said:
One more quesiton, why is the NRA combatlight less $ than the normal G2Z? arent they the same? I would expect the NRA to cost more?

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be my guess that the NRA is underwriting part of the cost as advertising.

senecaripple

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
BIGIRON said:
The NRA is the parent of the NRA-ILA (Institute for Legislative Action) which is the lobbying arm and the NRA PVF (Politican Victory Fund)which funds campaign contributions, media spots, etc. The PVF (a PAC - Political Action Committee) has become extremely important since the passage of the Campaign Reform Act. It's the only voice us little guy shooters have -- the media and the PACs formed by Soros and others are literally unrestricted in what they can say or spend.

Memberships in the NRA support education, training, gun saftey programs, etc. None of the membership $$ go to the political side, so direct contributions to the ILA and PVF are very important.

The NRA is considered to be the most powerful lobby existing right now (closely followed by the AARP!!).

Even if you don't care anything about shooting, hunting or firearms in general, a few dollars to the NRA is money well invested by freedom loving Americans. If the 2nd Amendment goes away, all the others will be at risk.

Time to get off my soapbox.

[/ QUOTE ]

well said bigiron. and we all need to register to vote, so we can ensure our freedom remains intact. the kerry's, hillary's, and chappaquidick ted's must be voted out of office, and not in the post office, they're liable to go postal on us. just think the national drink may have been the ketsup.

BIGIRON

Flashlight Enthusiast
My guess, about the G2z, is that Surefire is discounting them to introduce NRA members to Surefire lights. They (Surefire) state that a portion of the purchase price is donated to NRA. Surefire produces several other lights with the NRA logo.

Latest posts