whats your EDC gear consist of ?

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a good reason in case it falls out while you're talking with a lady. :devil:

I hear that Trojans are good for holding water in emergencies.:eek:oo:

I like alternating some of EDC, just to make it interesting.

EDC Constant:
Wallet

Keys - whistle, Draco, Photon Freedom Microlight, Kershaw Two-Can, AG Russell Titatnium Keychain knife, Ray Kirk Damascus Screwdriver, Atwood G2 Mini GasBaby

Blackberry Pearl

EDC Rotation:
Knife - Lone Wolf Doug Ritter Mk4, Various of Case Sowbelly and other slipjoints, Chris Reeve Sebenza

Watches - Omega Seamaster, Omega Speedmaster, Hamilton Khaki Navy GMT, Hamilton X-Wind, Ball Engineer Hydrocarbon, Tissot T-Touch

Flashlights - McGizmo Lunasol 20, Novatac 120P, Surefire E1B

Misterbean

Newly Enlightened
i've never considered carrying a whistle unless i was in the wild. i don't carry a watch normally but i do when i camp because my watch has a reliable compass.

m13a8

Newly Enlightened
Looks like I travel fairly lightly compared to some.

Kershaw Leek
Mini Zippo
Fenix L2D-CE
Jet-I MK IBS

Also the obvious things: wallet, keys, phone

MikeG1P315

Newly Enlightened
I love and I hate these kinds of threads. Its always fun to see what others EDC. It never fails, however, that I find new gear I must have. :mecry:

I EDC:

Novatac EDC 85p
(maybe a Ra Twisty or Arc6 someday)
Spyderco C71 Salsa
(soon to be the sheeple friendly Spyderco Urban slipjoint)
Fisher Telescoping Space Pen
Photon Freedom Microlight
Apple iPod Nano (3rd Gen)
Wallet
Keys

:wave:

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
edcjx6.jpg

Also wallet/cellphone obvisouly.

warlord

Enlightened
Right now this is what I've been carrying. Not including my wallet, phone, etc. I like this knife because I can take it everywhere.

Any objections and I just remove the blade and throw it away. I was actually using it as a moneyclip the other day forgetting that I had to go through security. Of course I had to be rechecked because I set off the metal detector. One security guard actually held my "moneyclip", flashlight, etc. while the other used the handheld detector. Nice and stealthy :D

carry.jpg

smg

Newly Enlightened
Warlord, that is a nice knife-carry solution. What is it? Where can I find one?

cat

Enlightened
Outdated picture, but anyway...
Not shown: Glock 26, Sabre spray, and other goodies in work bag like batteries, gloves, paracord, cable ties, pain killers, and so on.

edc_mine.jpg

@ R-R : :D ...I remembered my cpf discounts. :sssh: Some people might not appreciate the modified vibrating battery holder. :devil:
photo

Last edited:

warlord

Enlightened
Gerber EAB, $10 usually at many sporting stores.

Thanks, I forgot it's name. I bought it at target on a whim and you only need a coin or a key to swap the blade, which you never have to sharpen :naughty: It's a good choice for going somewhere that knives may not be allowed which seems to be just about everywhere. And if they confiscate it, it was only $10.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
on my body:

sometimes use an NDI instead of the nautilus. also carrying a spyderco spin in addition to the emerson HD-7.

always in my bag, my mini-BOB kit (with novatac 120p). added inventory below, dont think the links work though:

Modular Mini-BOB Kit

Simple, easily transportable, heavy duty backup to regular EDC gear, for extended times away from home. "Modular" implies that it works as a standalone kit, but is intended to be used as a supplement to other gear.

Container: Maxpedition H-1 Waistpack
Dimensions: Main 6" x 4" x 2", Side 5" x 1.5" x 1" (empty)
Weight: 2.5 lbs (full)

Knife: Benchmade Sequel
Light: NovaTac 120P
Fire: Bic Lighter

Back
- Load-bearing Carabiner: Petzl Spirit Tactical Carabineer Straight Gate

Side
- Sharpie
- Benchmade Sequel

Main Compartment
- Ziplock Bag: 4.5" x 7" Alosak
- Tac-Pack Trauma Pack w/Quick Clot
- Bandana
- Modular Personal Survival Kit (PSK) - See PSK inventory below.

Front Compartment
- ~15' 550 Paracord, tied in the Hayanawa (Fast Rope) style
- Spare Batteries (including for Core EDC): 2x Lithium AAA, 2x CR123A, 1x AA, in mini-Ziploc bags

Outside Zip Pocket
- Water Purification Tablets: 2x Katadyn Micropur Chlorine Dioxide tablets
- Ammonia Inhalant, in Large Bision Spy Capsule
- $0.75 in quarters, $20 bill
- 2x Zip Ties

Side Sheath
- NovaTac 120P
- Bic Lighter

one of the items in the mini-BOB kit is a PSK, which is modular in of itself (camo arc now upgraded to DS, since the GS replaced the DS in EDC rotation):

hhpsk07packedgm4.jpg

hhpsk02contentscl7.jpg

Modular Personal Survival Kit (PSK)

"Modular" implies that it works as a standalone kit, but is intended to be used as a supplement to other gear.

Container: OtterBox 1000
Dimensions: 4.837" x 3.682" x 1.652", Interior Dimensions 3.7" x 2.35" x 1"
Weight: 1 lb

Knife: Spyderco Ladybug, fully serrated
Light: Arc-AAA Premium DS
Fire: Waterproof/Windproof Matches

Signaling:
- Whistle: Titanium whistle by wykeite
- Mini Glow Stick
- Mirror

Emergency Devices:
- Leatherman Juice CS4
- Micro Widgy Mini Prybar
- Kevlar Thread
- 3x Needles
- 3x Safety Pins
- 4x Paper Clips (medium and large)
- 2x Nails
- Spectra Line
- 2x Fishing Hooks
- Stainless Steel Snare Wire

Fire:
- Flint and Steel: Spark-Lite
- 2x Tinder-Quik (in mini Ziplocs, used as fillers to deaden shake/noise)
- 3x Waterproof/Windproof Matches, cut down to fit and placed head to foot beside each other
- Fresnel Lens
- Birthday Candle

Medical:
- Diphenhydramine, allergy (Benadryl)
- Naproxen, anti-inflammatory (Aleve)
- Acetaminophen (Tylenol)
- Antiseptic Wipe
- Burn Cream
- 4x Sterile Suture Bandages
- 2x Band-Aids

Water:
- 4x Chlorine Dioxide Water Purification Tablets

Special / Miscellaneous:
- Inka Pen Refill and 2 small sheets Rite-in-Rain paper
- $20 Cash
- Spare 1.5-1.7V non-rechargeable Lithium AAA battery: Energizer E2 Lithium

im an EDCer first, knife nut 2nd, flashaholic 3rd...

(mods let me know if anythings too big and i can resize)

Last edited:

cat

Enlightened
Nice.

I should get a mini-bob for my bag. My bag's good, but it's a big shoulder bag because sometimes I carry a lot of food to work (on a bike) and it has to hold A4 papers and so on ...but there aren't enough separate pockets inside to separate all the bits and pieces.

Which maxpedition pouch is that? That stuff all fits in it? (I've never been able to figure out which one would work for me.)

The Otterbox, the size? It looks like maybe the second size, not the smallest.
(I'm ordering stuff from lighthound now, so I could get a Pelican box and the maxpedition bag in the same order.)

What's the blue thing below the Spyderco, that looks like two split pins wrapped in blue insulation tape?
And the yellow wrapper A5009-something? The green stuff below the glowstick?
And in the foil on the left?

And the Aloesak next to the first aid kit, what's that?

You need a few cable ties / zip ties. They come in useful sometimes.

Your blue Bic lighter, you can put one of the smallest size cable ties around it under the gas button thing, to stop it getting pushed against something in the bag.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice.

I should get a mini-bob for my bag. My bag's good, but it's a big shoulder bag because sometimes I carry a lot of food to work (on a bike) and it has to hold A4 papers and so on ...but there aren't enough separate pockets inside to separate all the bits and pieces.

Which maxpedition pouch is that? That stuff all fits in it? (I've never been able to figure out which one would work for me.)

The Otterbox, the size? It looks like maybe the second size, not the smallest.
(I'm ordering stuff from lighthound now, so I could get a Pelican box and the maxpedition bag in the same order.)

What's the blue thing below the Spyderco, that looks like two split pins wrapped in blue insulation tape?
And the yellow wrapper A5009-something? The green stuff below the glowstick?
And in the foil on the left?

And the Aloesak next to the first aid kit, what's that?

You need a few cable ties / zip ties. They come in useful sometimes.

Your blue Bic lighter, you can put one of the smallest size cable ties around it under the gas button thing, to stop it getting pushed against something in the bag.

Maxpedition Pouch = H-1
- yep, everything fits, nice and snug. i dont like things clanking around, if you shake it while packed it makes no sound. snug, but not too tight.

Otterbox = 1000
- its the smallest one, other than the memory cases etc.

blue thing below spyderco (to right of orange Spark-Lite) are 4 nails, wrapped in a bit of tape.

yellow paper thing is just a piece of ripped cardboard with a few sewing needles stuck in it.

green stuff below mini-glowstick is more ripped cardboard with some fishing hooks stuck in it.

foil on the left is wrapped around storm matches.

Aloksak is like a heavy duty ziploc, in case i need to throw a dismembered finger in something :sick2:

do have Zip Ties in the mini-BOB, not shown. ill update with the lastest inventory with the pics in a sec.

bic lighter i shove in the side sheath with the novatac, and stick the paracord from the novatac in there too, keeps it snug.

:twothumbs

cat

Enlightened
wow, thanks! Good packing of the little Otterbox. Thanks for the links. I need to get my stuff more organised...some small pouches to separate some of it.

The Ladybug's a good choice there, small and fully serrated.

Last edited:

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Most people think that I EDC heavy, but you guys put me to shame.

I have within 2 feet of me at ALL times:
Wolf-Eyes Raider and/or Surefire 9P(broken ATM)
Leatherman Surge and/or Leatherman Wave (though that tool with the carabiner in jzmtl's post looked nice. what kind is it?)
Corsair Survivor 8GB loaded with my own brews of Linux(one Fedora based, one Debian Based), heavy on recovery/repair software, SuperGrubDisk, and a formating utilty(whichever is currently the best)

I also have with me, when I'm dressed:
Cell Phone
Burt's bees in a tin
Heavy duty carabiner with my keys and a keychain light, usually a lighthound giveaway, but occasionally a modded mag solitare. Carabiner is rated to hold 2 tons minimum dead weight.
Tony Lama Vibram-soled (leather insole) boots, fit perfectly.

If I'm hunting, I also carry a lensatic compass, 9 CR123A Primary batteries (17hrs runtime per 3 on my Raider), Vet-Wrap(coban), and a fixed-blade knife, in addition to the prior. Depending on the situation I may also have a 6D mag with a Q5 drop-in(over 60 hours runtime on standard alkalines, more on the newer "improved" cells) or car-rechargeable spotlight.

Edit: At work I also have a Gerber folding mini utility knife, with a hooked blade. This tends to find it's way to my hunting pack as well.

Last edited:

fluke

Enlightened
You guy's certainly go equipped as it where :eek:oo:

Anyone know if the Gerber EAB is a lock knife ??? as here in the UK they are not allowed.

HoopleHead

Flashlight Enthusiast
wow, thanks! Good packing of the little Otterbox. Thanks for the links. I need to get my stuff more organised...some small pouches to separate some of it.

The Ladybug's a good choice there, small and fully serrated.

you can see more on my threads at edcforum.com, i linked to all my good threads in my intro post there.

the otterbox IS nicely packed :p i used different things as dividers to make it all in layers, so its easy to flip over etc, and get stuff out.

and yeah, love the ladybug, it rips through a lot of things and is surprising for its small size. need a clip for it though :mad:

cat

Enlightened
Going by what I see on Sky News, it's a good example of how only the law-abiding people obey those laws. The ones doing the stabbing and so on don't seem to have any problems having knives to do it with. How ridiculous that you can't have a little Spyderco utililty knife like that.

cat

Enlightened
Spyderco fully serrated lockback is what they do best, and the Ladybug's the right size for your kit. :thumbsup:
My Spyderco Rescue is always in my right pocket. But it's a bit blunt now, I need to get one of those rat-tail Diafolds. I cut a whole lot of plants and small branches with it, behind the perimeter fence of my yard :). I should rather have got a kitchen knife or something but .....ya.

Latest posts