whats your EDC gear consist of ?

Retral

Newly Enlightened
DSCF1259.jpg

That stuff goes everywhere i go, and my wallet of course which has 4 spare lithium AAA's in it just in case i get stuck in a cave or something.
:twothumbs

4 AAA's in your wallet? That must be one fat son of a gun.. I can't stand my wallet being much over 1cm thick heh

portezbie

Newly Enlightened
What is a good keychain mini tool with pliers? basically something like the leatherman squirt but not as expensive,heh

jnj1033

Newly Enlightened
What is a good keychain mini tool with pliers? basically something like the leatherman squirt but not as expensive,heh

Leatherman Squirt...oh wait...

I think the Gerber Clutch is a little cheaper, but it's also a little bigger. That's why I opted for the Squirt in spite of price. That and it was time to spend my REI dividend.

cv3po

Banned
I had to go for a drug screen for a new job today and was embarrassed when she asked me to empty my pockets :shakehead. I had THREE lights (SF E1B, LOD Q4 and Photon II), multi-tool, mini-bic and spare batt's. After seeing the gear that some folks carry, however, I suddenly feel normal again :D . Some of these kits take being prepared to a whole new level! :poke:

Every once in awhile I also get the urge to purge as it were. Does anyone else get that? I trim down my gear to the bare essentials for a little while and then slowly ramp back up to the above amount. When I trim down I go with an LOD (with 1 spare lithium), a Photon II and a multi-tool with a small flint epoxied inside. Not all that different I guess but I carry ALOT of spare batt's ;)

wotblake

Newly Enlightened
Keys
Wallet
Fenix P1D CE
iPhone
Benchmade

Gun: Usually a 340PD, Ruger LCP, or Glock 23.

edc.jpg

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
whats with the revolvers , its 2008 time to upgrade :D semi-auto+ at least a 12-15 round clip

wotblake

Newly Enlightened
whats with the revolvers , its 2008 time to upgrade :D semi-auto+ at least a 12-15 round clip

:shakehead

I think 5 ultra reliable rounds of the most deadly handgun round ever made (357mag) will take care of most situations a law abiding citizen would ever get themselves into.

Brownstone

Enlightened
We all are legally and ethically obligated to find every possible solution out of a violent encounter before we can escalate to use of the gun ... even to the point of getting beaten up and humiliated ... that's the standard nationwide.
I don't know what "nation" you are posting from, but I can tell you that the above is not the standard for use of lethal force in the United States. In general, there is no US standard for the use of force, as each State has its own laws.

In Colorado (where I live), part of the relevant statutes reads:

"...any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry...."
There is no legal "duty to retreat". There is no legal duty to find an alternative solution. There is no legal duty to use a lesser degree of force.

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
:shakehead

I think 5 ultra reliable rounds of the most deadly handgun round ever made (357mag) will take care of most situations a law abiding citizen would ever get themselves into.

thats true but more rounds make me feel comfy, especially if where you live theres high crime and more likely you face multiple burglars with guns....case in point past several years there has been numerous home invasions in NY/NJ area where in most cases there were usually 3-5 men armed breaking and entering and robbing the home and some were deadly ....the scary part of this is most of the homes that were invaded were in nice suburban areas

Brownstone

Enlightened
... if where you live theres high crime and more likely you face multiple burglars with guns ...
I think wotblake was defending the choice of a .357 revolver for EDC, not necessarily for home defense.

My firearm of choice for home defense is rifle. A shotgun would be a good second choice in certain limited circumstances. Neither of those is very appropriate for EDC.

Last edited:

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
hehe yes yes...gun is still a gun :devil:

fluke

Enlightened
"...any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry...."
There is no legal "duty to retreat". There is no legal duty to find an alternative solution. There is no legal duty to use a lesser degree of force.

And in the UK....
If you find a intruder in your property in the dead of night, and you pick up a cast iron skillet to defend yourself there is a better than 90% chance you end up in front of a judge for using excessive force :mad: :mad:

Sounds like a joke doesn't it ???
But it's not.

A case of dedly force here in the UK some years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
And in the UK....
If you find a intruder in your property in the dead of night, and you pick up a cast iron skillet to defend yourself there is a better than 90% chance you end up in front of a judge for using excessive force :mad: :mad:

Sounds like a joke doesn't it ???
But it's not.

A case of dedly force here in the UK some years ago.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Martin_(farmer)

:huh:... Wow, that's just ludacris! I sure am glad that I live in a country where a man can defend himself and his family using whatever force he deems necessary should the situation call for it. :dedhorse::xyxgun::touche:. I just don't see the reasoning of not allowing an adequate means of self defense for ones self and loved ones... too much BS politics I'm sure is the case in most countries...including some states here in the US.

Dan

fluke

Enlightened
:huh:... Wow, that's just ludacris! I sure am glad that I live in a country where a man can defend himself and his family using whatever force he deems necessary should the situation call for it. :dedhorse::xyxgun::touche:. I just don't see the reasoning of not allowing an adequate means of self defense for ones self and loved ones... too much BS politics I'm sure is the case in most countries...including some states here in the US.

Dan

Well with the amount of crime that takes place in Britain, that is not really classed a crime anymore, I'm not surprised they don't allow reasonable force, there would be a lot of dead criminals, house break ins the police don't seem very interested in, nor car related crime.

I saw a US CCTV type show recently showing a gunman robbing a clothing store, demanded cash out of the till and locked the owners in a back room, they reported here got something like 25 years, same crime over here :laughing: he would be out in time for Christmas.

Anyway sorry for going off topic and the rant

Makes me want to move overseas, where a realistic justice system exists.

LightGrunt0311

Newly Enlightened
My EDC:

Camelbak Mule w/buttpack attachment:

-100 oz. bladder
-Lotion
-Sunscreen
-Zen MP3
-Cellphone charger
-Beanie
-Fleece gloves
-Extra socks
-Skivvy short
-House keys
-Note taking gear w/pens
-Tissue
-Energizer Hardcase Pro. 2AA RED/Green/White Cree LED hooked onto D point
-Inova 24/7
-SL Enduro headlamp
-Dig. camera w/case attached to molle on Camelbak

Attached buttpack:

-Vitamins
-Spare batteries in Pelican hardcase
-Bandaids
-Gum
-Granola bars
-Bengay
-Inova Bolt 2AA

Warbag:

-USMC MCIs
-Nalgene 32 oz. bottle
-Maglite 4D
-Sweater
-Rubber ball (in case I get bored lol)
-Hygiene kit
-2 notebooks for my class
-650 braded cord
-Bottle of painkillers

EDC on person:

-Surefire 6P LED
-Wallet
-Cellphone
-S&W SWAT knife (whatever you call it lol)
-Chapstick
-Hand sanitizer
-Leatherman
-Keys w/Inova Micro red

EDC on-person @ field:

-NVG bag
-Weapons card
-.Mil ID
-Maglite 3AA LED w/red lens
-Leatherman
-Paper towels (folded) (in case the johns run outta paper ;-))
-Note taking gear

Last edited:

cv3po

Banned
I don't know what "nation" you are posting from, but I can tell you that the above is not the standard for use of lethal force in the United States. In general, there is no US standard for the use of force, as each State has its own laws.

LOL, so if some kids break into your place to steal some beer ("unlawful entry and committed a crime") you'll just gun 'em down right? Gimme a break..................I'm moving to Canada