whats your EDC gear consist of ?

fluke

Enlightened
Going by what I see on Sky News, it's a good example of how only the law-abiding people obey those laws. The ones doing the stabbing and so on don't seem to have any problems having knives to do it with. How ridiculous that you can't have a little Spyderco utililty knife like that.

You can just about get away with having a SAK Minichamp.

Saying that SAK's are generally OK, as they don't lock, but a fellow cab driver was given a grilling over a basic Gerber multi tool just because it's knife locks open.

And in the last 2 weeks another 2 teenagers loose their young lives in London through knife attacks while out enjoying themselves, so the governments ban on knives works a treat then ???????

qip

Flashlight Enthusiast
think im the only one here who put a good sized knife on a keychain :D

gerber paraframe is VERY thin and compact

LOD ,Paraframe & Shortcut

on detachable keyrings

Last edited:

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool set ups guys.... Looks like I'm going to have to get some pics of my EDC to add to these as well. I'm thoroughly impressed with the "preparedness of my fellow "Flashaholics". :twothumbs

GT42NV

Newly Enlightened
Walter P5
Ultrafire B3 (do ppl think this is a weak torch?)
MTE 5 mode Rebel 100
Steel Mate 2 way pager car alarm
Samsung D900
Casio Edifice EF-514 Carbon Fibre facing
Wallet
Keys

SANY0070.JPG

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
You can just about get away with having a SAK Minichamp.

Saying that SAK's are generally OK, as they don't lock, but a fellow cab driver was given a grilling over a basic Gerber multi tool just because it's knife locks open.

And in the last 2 weeks another 2 teenagers loose their young lives in London through knife attacks while out enjoying themselves, so the governments ban on knives works a treat then ???????

So locking knives are illegal, but non-locking aren't? That's pretty screwed up. You're a good bit more likely to hurt yourself with a non-locking blade.

fluke

Enlightened
So locking knives are illegal, but non-locking aren't? That's pretty screwed up. You're a good bit more likely to hurt yourself with a non-locking blade.

Sorry to go off topic and rant :mad:

All locking knives are illegal, but pocket knives like the basic climber SAK is semi legal, if you have a reason for having it, and it needs to be a good reason.

Strange but true in this country it's the law abiding that get screwed by the justice system, making knives illegal does not stop teenagers being stabbed and losing their lives, but the man in the street who want a pocket tool for that just in case moment suffers if he happens to be found to be caring it innocently.

Just last night I passed a local travelling Fun Fair, it has been sectioned off with portable chain link fencing leaving only one exit/entry point, with 2 police officers and an airport style walk thru metal detector, what has this country come too ????

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, that makes about as much sense as banning shovels, just because occasionally someone gets killed with one. I feel for ya, but that's just one more reason I'm glad I live out in the boondocks, where no one would care if you were EDC'ing a shotgun :naughty:

pertinax

Enlightened
Funny-- but where are the handcuff keys? Guns, knives, lights, etc. Nice start-- but ho-hum. I see a condom, but what if she's a lot freakier than you anticipated?

If there's one thing the last week has taught me, it's that it's better to have a handcuff key and not need it, than to need a handcuff key and not have it...

(Name the movie.)

Last edited:

keysandslots

Newly Enlightened
I gotta admit, living in the not always so great white north, seeing you guys EDC'ing guns amazes me. I think I'm a bit paranoid carrying a knife but a gun!

The odd part of it is that, while there is a side of me that resents being told by the government that I cannot carry a handgun when all the criminals seem to be okay with one (or more), but then there's another side of me that figures if I were ever in a position to use a gun, but didn't have one, would I find a more creative and less deadly way out of the situation.

Maybe this sort of thought should be a new thread, or even a thread on a different forum. I'm just not used to seeing guns in someone's daily stuff.

Oh, back on topic, here's what I carry:

EDC008-05-26.jpg

plus an Extreme Micro on my keychain (I love that light). I figured the Japanese nailset is a good weapon that doesn't look like a weapon. I'm not sure why I'm carrying 20' of paracord, probably just because I have a bunch of the stuff.

Randy

Knifekulture

Newly Enlightened
1. LG CU515 cellphone
2. Benchmade 913D2
3. Novatac 120P
4. Lumapower IncenDio
5. Omega Seamaster
6. Misc Keys
7. Victorinox mini-champ
8. Glock 30

smg

Newly Enlightened
We all are legally and ethically obligated to find every possible solution out of a violent encounter before we can escalate to use of the gun. Same as driving on the highway-- you do everything you can to avoid a wreck, but you still have auto insurance. Same deal. If you need it, and I hope no one here ever does, there's no substitute.

Even to the point of getting beaten up...
No!, not necessarily. Every situation needs to be judged at its own risk. "Disparity of force" is the key phrase here. A 100lb woman can easily demonstrate a large disparity of force if she needs to use any means to stop a 250lb male assailant. However, if you are a 250lb man facing a smaller sized, weaponless threat, you are going to need to have your running shoes on.

...(And these guys are showing off, probably. Few people outside law enforcement really carry all the time. Under certain circumstances, sure--- but rule number one is if you think you need a gun DON'T GO THERE. Also, they'd probably be showing off their holsters and gun belt. Figure $250 plus for proper all-day carry gear. To really show off, show us that Mitch Rosen leather.)...
Huh? :confused: Maybe that's how it is in your circle. I like my gun, but it is not a show-off gun, like a custom 1911. I posted my EDC gear, even though that stuff is only on me 99% of the days of the year. Yes, there could be 5 days per year when I do not have my gun on me. Does that constitute "showing off"??

"...if you think you need a gun DON'T GO THERE..."
That's very true, and also one reason why I do not pick and choose the days I carry. My gun is my EVERY Day Carry, even though I sometimes decide NOT to carry for the day (because laws prevent me).

Showing off my holster or gun belt as an EDC item would be like posting a picture of my pant's pockets.

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow! Most people think that I EDC heavy, but you guys put me to shame.

I have within 2 feet of me at ALL times:
Wolf-Eyes Raider and/or Surefire 9P(broken ATM)
Leatherman Surge and/or Leatherman Wave (though that tool with the carabiner in jzmtl's post looked nice. what kind is it?)
Corsair Survivor 8GB loaded with my own brews of Linux(one Fedora based, one Debian Based), heavy on recovery/repair software, SuperGrubDisk, and a formating utilty(whichever is currently the best)

It's Leatherman skeletool, pretty minimalist compare to wave/surge but also butt load lighter. It's my urban tool but I do switch to wave or vic spirit when go outdoors.

techwg

Flashlight Enthusiast
On my person:
Utilikey
Fenix E01
Fenix Tk10
ProGear 4x CR123 Holster
2 AW RCR
2 Energizer Cr123

In my Coat
3 Tennergy Cr123
1 Energizer Lithium AAA
Fenix P1D CE
Fenix E01

I carry the odd 1 cr123 and P1D CE incase i need to lend a light, same with the other e01. I am not lending my good things out to people i dont know.

aussiebob

Enlightened
DSCF1259.jpg

That stuff goes everywhere i go, and my wallet of course which has 4 spare lithium AAA's in it just in case i get stuck in a cave or something.
:twothumbs

Latest posts