Where do I buy a ARC AAA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some on ebay went for more then $51. It is indeed unfortunate for us and Arc, the troubles they've been going thru lately. I also was disappointed when Arc decided to cut out the dealer network and just sell direct from the factory. Now for better or worse "all the eggs are in one basket" so to speak, so it's become an all or nothing situation. If they had the dealers still, their might have been enough inventory spread out in the field to cover a stoppage in production for a period of time.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy. That doesn't make good sense. To have excess inventory you need excess production. Same reason perpetual motion doesn't work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
You live by the sword, you die by the sword. One basket is much easier keeping track of, but when the eggs are gone...they are gone. The one basket concept is a lot cheaper to take care of.

Another bad part of stalled production (besides the obvious) it give the competion the opportunity to get their versions of the AAA in production. If they can before the AAA becomes available, the demand should make them a player. From what I understand, some competition will release something in 8 days.

Peter must be really frustrated not having product as the summer camping/spelunking season gets underway. Hopefully in a few weeks, this will be a dead isssue...I doubt it but we can all hope. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The best analogy I learned about inventory was the boat floating above a bunch of rocks. The boat was the company, inventory was the water and the rocks represented damage to the company when they run out of stock.

Ideally, the boat will get as close as possible to the rocks without touching them. That water (inventory) is expensive! The more unstable the inventory is, the more water (inventory) is required. At this point, Arc is the boat sitting on top of a rock.

Any idea when the drought will be over on the AAAs? There are dozens of choices for 1W Luxeons out there, not so with the AAAs. Hopefully by the first of June, I have vacation planned and some gifts to give out. Will my buddies have Arcs on the keychain or /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I do know that in Christmas 2002, ArcAAA inventory became very short including none at Arc. By calling around, I did find one dealer (I think it was Meridian) that still had a few left and I was able to nab a couple for last minute gifts. I do so miss the days of TTS carrying the lights for $20 or so. Wish I had the foresight to buy ten or so at once.

[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
geepondy. That doesn't make good sense. To have excess inventory you need excess production. Same reason perpetual motion doesn't work.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
geepondy, I ment to post something more tactful but I was in a hurry. My apologies. Dealers, among other things, represent storage capacity for inventory. But the problem we have typicaly had is producing enough units. Adding to our ability to store more units does not make more units available when demand is steady and strong. Now if demand was bursty, then increased storage would level the distribution.

And this says nothing of the other pro/cons of dealerships which would be OT for this topic.

Peter

geepondy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Gosh, no apologies necessary. I'm sure you know more about managing a company and maintaining inventory in your little finger then I do in my whole body. Just speculations on my part and I will be glad to see the Arc AAA back on the market.

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
Just filed a Paypal complaint against Vicomptel. Never received one bit of info from them after sending payment via paypal.

I emailed them Monday requesting a refund, and stated that nowhere on the Arc AAA page does it mention anything about international orders. This is where Google pointed me after searching for Arc AAA. No reply.

Hopefully I won't have any problems getting a refund, but it doesn't look very good.

Fancy web site, zero customer service.

Lukejt

Lukejt

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
geepondy said:
Maybe available on Arc website now? It just took my friend's order and quantity shows 12 left.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank God, and thank you very much for the heads up.

I'll let you folks know if I ever do get my $$ back from Vicomptel.

Lukejt

McShawn

Enlightened
Yes I tried to place an order with vicomptel and waited and emailed and eventually got an email back that they do not sell to the states. I did not find that anywhere either on their website, haven't looked lately, no reason to.

PJ

Enlightened
I received an orange LED standard Arc AAA from Pocketlights.com about a week ago. The website says they have orange and turquoise LEDs in stock. I don't know which version it is but it has the foam ring on the head to stop battery from rattling. This should be the link. Good Luck.
http://www.pocketlights.com/arcaaan.asp

m1match

Newly Enlightened
I've ordered 4 turquoise ARC AAAs from pocketlights.com and their service has been great. I like the bright turquoise light and my kids prefer to play with them instead of white lights!

Status
Not open for further replies.