Who here does _not_ EDC a light?

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I thought this was about who's NOT EDCing a light. Seems that it's almost nobody. A poll may give some quantifiable results - if you really wanted accuracy.

Saaby

Flashaholic
If I leave the house than I have my McLux, County Comm light, and as soon as they start making them in black again--black Arc AAA as well.

In the hosue it's more iffy. Like now, I'm dressed but not loaded up with my EDC crap. Soon as I load up though I'll have my EDC lights.

It's daylight outside though and should I need a light the McLux is less than 10 feet away.

At night I don't carry, but I have a Countycomm light on my night stand and I usually keep some sort of light hanging over my bed. Right now it's an Eternalight EliteMax.

In the shower I use a Dorcy Cool Blue hanging from the little curtain hangers. Our shower has no light, so I use that pretty much every day. Change the batteries once or twice a year.

Moe

Newly Enlightened
I know several non-flashaholics, who EDC a light (mostly Solitaires). Even my girlfriend, who really dislikes knives, flashlights a.s.o. carrys a (bright!) coin cell light from globetrotter.de.

So around here, no one thinks i am strange for carrying one or two flashlights.

Well at least not the people who know me... i remember this incident, when i was late for the cinema and i had to find my seat in pitch-black, so i took out my X5T. I felt that people were still staring at me minutes after i sat down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, I'll jump on the bandwagon - I EDC'd a Solitare for 14 years before joining the CPF, now it's an Arc AAA and Inova Microlight, but I thought this thread was about who does NOT carry. So far the replies don't answer the question. So, I'm interested too, Who Doesn't carry?

pjandyho

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not EDCing a light??? That's sinful...

I EDC at least an E2e with me everyday, sometimes with KL1 and sometimes the MN03 incand. Now I either opt for E2e or my new E2D which is fantastic.

As a photographer, I found pretty good chance of using my lights in the studio and on location shoot.

d'mo

Enlightened
Wow, this adds a whole new meaning to the phrase "coming out of the closet." After all, it's brighter outside the closet. I figured all flashaholics were trying to go back in. It's darker in there and more fun to play with our lights... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/nana.gif

Lurker

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I don't EDC a real flashlight because I don't need one most of the time and I don't want the extra bulk, BUT it is so easy to slip a Photon on my keychain and potentially so valuable, that I have done that, so I guess I really do EDC if you count the Photon. There is really no excuse not to EDC at least a Photon.

And of course at night I usually have a AAA light in my pocket.

morituri

Newly Enlightened
I don't EDC a light - yet. I'm still waiting for my Arc AAA to ship. Everything I have at the moment is too big to carry comfortably. I do have an Energizer coin LED light on my car keychain though.

JOshooter

Enlightened
Who in their right mind wouldn't EDC at least one light???

I ALWAYS have my Arc AAA with my on my key ring. Sometimes I'll also have my InovaX5T, a SF E2e with a KL1 head, and maybe my McLux...It all depends on whereI'm going and what I'm going to do, but you'll never find me out of reach of a torch.

Kanai

Newly Enlightened
I always EDC my ARC AAA on my Jeep keys. Also, my ARC 4+(sometimes my LSHF)in my waist pack. With a spare battery for each. My pack is always near me, even at home.

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do NOT EDC a light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I have not needed to in the 34yrs I've been around, don't figure I need to start now.

Of course I do have a something on my keychain, a photon in the summer and a Arc AAA in the winter. So if I have my keys then I have a light with me, but I don't carry my keys around at home or at the office. Course there is also that light on my desk at work, and the lights in my nightstand and on my coffee table and in my glove campartment and .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Doug S

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
cave dave said:
I do NOT EDC a light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

I have not needed to in the 34yrs I've been around, don't figure I need to start now.

Of course I do have a something on my keychain, a photon in the summer and a Arc AAA in the winter. So if I have my keys then I have a light with me, but I don't carry my keys around at home or at the office. Course there is also that light on my desk at work, and the lights in my nightstand and on my coffee table and in my glove campartment and .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Cave dave's situation pretty closely matches my own except for me it's been a lot longer and it's a photon on the keyring year round. None of the Summer/Winter wardrobe stuff for me. I *have* had several very nice keyringable lights come into my posession recently and I may finally upgrade from the photon.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Whenever I'm dressed, I have an Arc4x and Lux-III modded bezel mounted to a PeakLED tube on my person. I don't mind the slightly longer length of the Peak tube, because the fact that I can use it in candlemode makes up for it. The Arc4x is too large to carry in my pockets, so it's belt-mounted. I already carry a cell-phone, pager and a Gear Keeper on my belt at work, so the addition of the Arc4x is getting somewhat uncomfortable. My hope is that my new Blackbird will bump one of these lights from the EDC list. The plan is to replace the Arc4x with the BB, since I can confortably carry the BB in my pocket. Once the FireFly II is released, it will probably make my EDC desision even more challenging.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
Oh geez! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif

I got a call about 9:30 this morning to go do a service call (new seals in a pump that got run dry).

I got out of the house without a single light on me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twakfl.gif

I'm SO ashamed... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sick.gif

greenLED

Flashaholic
Risking immediate expulsion from CPF:
I do not EDC...

Well... that was until today. Went to the movies and my minimag (properly fitted with my brand-spankin'-new sammie I built last night /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) I do as ABTOMAT, I pocket one when I figure I'll need one. That's why I'll get caught in the dark some day without a light and learn the hard way.

Seriously, I do not carry a light on me every day. I do keep one in my backpack (sometimes), but I don't carry my pack every day either...

I should be /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

My wife, on the other hand, EDC's a solitarie (3mm mod) I gave her 'bout 14 yrs ago.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
We're here for you Playboy, that was quite an admission, but don't let it happen again - there are limits, you know. Saaaay...are you pullin' our legs?

I'm guessing you left in such a hurry because you wanted to provide good service to your customer and it may have been an emergency.

PlayboyJoeShmoe

Flashaholic
The customer definately thought it was an emergency...

Not to worry really...

My truck has among other things a Stinger, a G2 lookalike by Brinkmann, an SL Clipmate and others.

I wasn't without light, just didn't have one ON me.

Still.....

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
Your username should, hereby, be changed to LEDINdependent. Tsk,tsk, so you don't even carry a tiny LED coincell light? Blasphemy, treason, heresy, treachery, and unilluminating. You must realize how uncomfortable you make us feel. I'd feel so...so...naked. Aarruugh!

PLEASE...tell us this is only a bad dream or that you are really fooling with us or maybe trolling for reactions.