Who here does _not_ EDC a light?

KevinL

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
greenled said:
I do as ABTOMAT, I pocket one when I figure I'll need one. That's why I'll get caught in the dark some day without a light and learn the hard way.

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to think that way too, until I figured that thanks to Murphy's Law, I can never predict with any sort of accuracy when I will need a flashlight. Specifically, whenever I don't carry, a need will crop up. It usually goes something like this. I think I need a light. "Where's the nearest light? Dang it's in the car, and I am *NOT* running out to the carpark to get it".. and I end up working in the dark /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

The solution is, naturally, to ensure that I carry whenever I'm away from my desk (where the bulk of the lights are located). So far, so good.

flashlight_widow

Enlightened
I EDC a Surefire E1 in my handbag. Also, a Leatherman Flair, a Wusthof Swiss army type knife, Victorinox Swiss Card, and a Kershaw Chive, depending on what purse I am carrying and how much will fit into it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

On my keychain, I carry a Leatherman micra, a Coleman compass, and a Victorinox Signature Lite II (combo small swiss army knife with LED).

Nobody can ever accuse me of being unprepared!

Sharp

Enlightened
I'm shocked guys! How can a person (especially a CPFer) not carry AT LEAST one flashlight?! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
I carry 24/7 an ARC AAA on neck lanyard, and a Red Photon Frerdom Micro on it too. That's the least I carry, and what I have immediately out of the shower (and during the shower too...). When dressed, I've got an Arc4+ with a lanyard attached to a belt loop and left in my pocket. Also, I carry a Surefire E2GM LOLA in an Inova X5 holster and almost always an E2e HOLA on Surefire Holster too. And that's when there's daylight. I also carry a Wenger SwissArmy Knife with a White Photon Freedom Micro attached to its split ring and left in the watch pocket and a Victorinox StayGlow with another White Photon Freedom Micro.
Again, that's when there's daylight and when I'm w/o a bag.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif. I'm even worse at night!
Erm... I think that's all... I need therapy, I know.
The only time I didn't carry a light was because the pants would clearly show I was carry _some_ gear and the occasion wasn't the right one to show I am a flashaholic and... surprise surprise... BLACKOUT!!! YEAH! Lucky I had my faithful ARC AAA ALWAYS in any case...

Richard

:EDIT: - This is an old thread I thought it'd be nice to remember... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/poke2.gif
Old EDC Thread