Why do you use handles instead of your real name?

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Why do you use handles instead of your real na

On a reverse note - my "handle" WAS "Doug P." when I first joined CPF.

I later changed it to Quickbeam after a thread about LOTR came up. Like the characer "Quickbeam" I'm sometimes downright "hasty" in my posts and follow through with multiple edits until it comes out right... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Klaus

Flashlight Enthusiast

[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
I think I've been "Telephony", "Guilmon" and "The LED Museum" on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig, weren´t you one of the Digimons for a while too ?

Klaus

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast

Craig spent some time under the guise of "Stingmon" if I remember rightly. Which I do believe is a Digimon character, and nothing to do with Gordon Sumner /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

-

As you can tell I don`t use a "handle" - never been overly fond of them. I prefer to be on 1st name terms, it`s more friendly that way......

Lighthouse

Enlightened

Light Chucker,

Hey no problem, actually the pleasure was all mine ... once I unloaded the jingle /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif by giving it to someone else, it was much easier to /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sleepy.gif afterwards.

LOL, reckon, I was "making LIGHT" of the whole thing, /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Hey Stainless,
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif At the risk of being a killjoy /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif , I kind of hope there isn't a ditty that uses Stainless, it took me all day to get rid of the LC's /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lighthouse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

LightChucker

Enlightened

One of the characters I considered using was "Mike Wizowski" - maybe something like, "ChuckWizowski".

He is the one-eyed-monster in "Monsters Inc". I have a toy MW strattling the entrance to my cubicle at work. (Just my idea of humor since losing my left eye.)

If you move his arm he will say something like, "What are you looking at, two-eyes?" But then sometimes he will blurt something out without any provocation, and it scares the person that may be standing there talking to me.

Chuck

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

[ QUOTE ]
Klaus said:
[ QUOTE ]
The LED Museum said:
I think I've been "Telephony", "Guilmon" and "The LED Museum" on this forum.

[/ QUOTE ]

Craig, weren´t you one of the Digimons for a while too ?

Klaus

[/ QUOTE ]
That's right - I was "Stingmon" for awhile here too. Now I can't remember if I was "Guilmon" (another digimon) here or not. I use (or used) that name somewhere, but I don't remember where anymore. May have been here, may not have been here.

I go by "Hell On Wheels" on a wheelchair forum, and "Angry McPisseron" on a TV commercials forum. And I forgot what handle I used on a video game forum...guess I'll have to plug in the Mac Powerbook 140 and check the notebook function on it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

(Edit) Just out of curiosity, I checked that computer notebook, and I go by "Stingmon" on that video game BBS.

LightChucker

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Hey Stainless,
At the risk of being a killjoy , I kind of hope there isn't a ditty that uses Stainless, it took me all day to get rid of the LC's

Lighthouse

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighthouse,

That really is funny /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif , but I am wondering how old a person would have to be to remember that childhood ryhme? I'm sure there were variations in different parts of the country, but the version I remember went...

"How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?" /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Guess whaaaat? It's baaaaack. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

Lighthouse

Enlightened

LightChucker,

Hmmm...I remember Dad being pretty excited about the first Sputnik going up. Was too young to understand why it was so important to him though.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif FWIW there was a thread (about 6-8 months ago?) that might help figure out similar related questions regarding chronology.

Yep, I remember that older version as well, thats how I learned how to get rid of the jingles. Gave that one away a loooonnng time ago. I'll leave it for some of the less chronologically experienced members. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Chop

Flashlight Enthusiast

Chop is actually a nick name given to me by a very close group of friends that I had in high school and still keep in close touch with.

I am half Korean and half Italian. They always told me that I should consider myself lucky that they didn't choose to call me "Wink."

So, whadda you think Chop stands for?

raggie33

*the raggedier*

my nick used to be ragman from a movie.but people always thought it meant something else.and id get odd emails so i changed it to raggie.

Lighthouse

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Hmmm... always had an interest in lighthouses and enjoyed reading about them and looking at them. Not an Obsessive Compulsive Disorder fanatic about them...just enjoy them and think that they should be kept around as a part of our history. Anyway, after lurking in CPF for about a year or so, I finally joined and it seemed like a nice appropriate name.

Having lurked on other forums and seen some of the craziness that occurs on the internet, I felt that a handle provided a bit of anomonymity and security rather than needing a handle because I needed an alter ego. I believe that CPF members who've met me in person would agree that my posts track pretty closely with my real life personality and interactions with others.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif