Why do you use handles instead of your real name?

BF Hammer

Enlightened
That's clever, almost too clever.

I'll help you try it out - Hello LightChucker, how well do your directional photo-emitting devices work today?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
BF Hammer said:
I'll help you try it out - Hello LightChucker, how well do your directional photo-emitting devices work today?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they are chuckin' mighty fine...mighty fine.

Chuck

Lighthouse

Enlightened
Re: Why do you use handles instead of your real na

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif
Hey, it fits right in, it even almost sounds like one of the AA groups for those crazy flashaholics....

"Hello my fellow LightChuckers, I must confess to having a spell of backsliding and recently purchasing more torches..." LOL /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, I think its a great name!

Go for it LightChucker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

As far as actually "chucking lights", please not at the Lighthouse as Ms. Lighthouse has the sole honor... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Lighthouse

Lighthouse

Enlightened

Hi LightChucker,

Welcome to the fold. Congratulations on the fine moniker. You fit right in. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Regards,
Lighthouse /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

Kiessling

Flashaholic

sounds right. and if you do not have a close look, you (or at least I) do not even realize the change since the new handle looks so familiar to your name and your photo outshines the name anyway!
bernhard

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
The only problem that I see with changing your handle is if you (or someone else) try to do search on your name of the CPF database, you are now in there with multiple names.

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Roy said:
The only problem that I see with changing your handle is if you (or someone else) try to do search on your name of the CPF database, you are now in there with multiple names.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm.../ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

Good point, Roy. So, I added a note in the signature area. I know that's not going to fix it, but I want to have a handle like all the other guys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chuck

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have 2 handles. They are slowly getting larger as I age. I have promised myself that I will work to shrink them as soon as it cools down enough to actually go outside and do some exercise in this god forsaken heat...

Or did you mean something else?

Lighthouse

Enlightened

Hey Chuck,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif All day long today (after making my posting this morning) I kept /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif hearing this in my mind ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif figured I'd better share it with others as it seems to be the only way to clear it out of my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"...how much light, would a light chucker chuck, if a light chucker would chuck light?..."
LOL

Ahhhh .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif there now, I've /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif it, peace returns...

Regards,

Empath

Flashaholic
If you're saying what I think you're saying, Roy. That's no problem. When you change your handle, it changes it on the entire board, and your previous handle ceases to exist. I can find no reference now to a ChuckDecker, only a LightChucker. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Oh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Now I see what you're saying. If someone has referenced him by name in replies, of course they still remain the same. So, to fully search for all references to him you would need to know what all he had been called.

LightChucker

Enlightened

[ QUOTE ]
Lighthouse said:
Hey Chuck,

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif All day long today (after making my posting this morning) I kept /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif hearing this in my mind ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif figured I'd better share it with others as it seems to be the only way to clear it out of my head. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

"...how much light, would a light chucker chuck, if a light chucker would chuck light?..."
LOL

Ahhhh .... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif there now, I've /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif it, peace returns...

Regards,

[/ QUOTE ]

Lighthouse,

That's a riot! Now, both Carol and me are saying this and laughing. No telling how long this will stick.

Thanks for the "Chuckle" ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink2.gif

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
James S said:
I have 2 handles. They are slowly getting larger as I age. I have promised myself that I will work to shrink them as soon as it cools down enough to actually go outside and do some exercise in this god forsaken heat...

Or did you mean something else?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure what you meant/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif, but I HOPE I meant something else. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Chuck

LightChucker

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Empath said:
Oh! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ohgeez.gif Now I see what you're saying. If someone has referenced him by name in replies, of course they still remain the same. So, to fully search for all references to him you would need to know what all he had been called.

[/ QUOTE ]

What a mess, huh? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif

Chuck

Stainless

Flashlight Enthusiast
LightChucker /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

(Though that little ditty may enter my mind anytime I see one of your posts - ain't it great?!)

Anyone got a jingle for "Stainless"?

Tomas

Banned

Hmmmmm ... I have two names, ikendu, haven't discovered my third, yet, though ...