Why is it acceptable to have a loud clicky in a 'tactical' light?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yavox

Enlightened
OP here -

To all the guys that posted thoughtful answers, I say "thank you". :wave:

To all the guys that posted sarcasm and scorn, I say "@#$% you". :nana:

And you all know which category you belong in........

-

The most thoughtful answer I can give (and yes, I know which category it will belong in), is throwing a loud clicking flashlight into the room the bad guy is supposed to be in. Then you just have to wait until the guy tries to use the flashlight, giving away his position with a loud click :D

This promotes the "tactical" clicky to the "Strategical Clicky" rank. With a bit of luck you can get The Most Sophisticated Tactical Flashlight User Prize. If unlucky, you get the Darwin Award :nana:

recDNA

Flashaholic
Because the amount of switch travel between momentary and constant-on is so slight, that it's very difficult to use the momentary w/out accidental activation?

I haven't had that problem but I haven't tried it with my heart pounding and my blood full of adrenaline either.

calipsoii

Flashlight Enthusiast
At the risk of sounding blunt, Chevy-SS is trolling you guys and you're rising to the occasion. The thread's full of people confirming that in a tactical situation, the switch noise is not a problem. We don't need 3 pages confirming it. :)

:dedhorse:

TooManyGizmos

Flashlight Enthusiast
~

That's too blunt ....... and I don't think that was his intent.

I also don't think we as members are allowed to make that accusation . (publicly) That's what the report button is for , if they don't spot it first . It's left up to the Admin's to decide such things .

I do agree with your last sentence , however . That applies to many , many threads . But many want to join in and say it in their own way . I guess that's why it's a forum and not a FAQ/WIKI .

~

DM51

Flashaholic
I don't think Chevy-SS was trolling in this thread. I deleted a post of his in a different thread where he was supporting another member who was trolling, but that is a separate matter.

In this thread he just asked an unusually ridiculous question, and members piled in on him for it. His question was so absurd that ridicule from other members was inevitable, and that is what happened.

I think it has run its course now, so I'll close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts