Will I turn into a Maglite fan once again?

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Anodized finish looks shinny too!

Btw, I've found sometimes, if you ask Maglite CS nicely they'll accommodate sending spare tail springs.
When I told Maglite I had screwed up the bezel of an XL100 trying to install a glass lens they sent me a replacement for $8.
When I told them they they had screwed up a tailcap on an 50LX they sent me a replacement for no cost.
So, yeah I'm pretty sure they'll send a spring for a small fee unless it arrived defective.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
This time they need to make a 4 cell crimson red ML300LX.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I told Maglite I had screwed up the bezel of an XL100 trying to install a glass lens they sent me a replacement for $8.
When I told them they they had screwed up a tailcap on an 50LX they sent me a replacement for no cost.
So, yeah I'm pretty sure they'll send a spring for a small fee unless it arrived defective.
One of my newly purchased ML25LT when unscrewed tailcap, surprise no spring! Guess it was a Friday assembled light. Took awhile but a spring finally showed up Free of charge. Customers need to have patience with ML CS..

bykfixer

Flashaholic
It's funny how when I saw crimson red 2D's I had no interest. I wanted coyote tan and viola, one day coyote tan was back.
You can have any color 4D you want as long as it's black.
The spring for the ML25 is good for 50's and 150's. I accidently killed an early ML25 by zapping it with a pair of 18500's. So I ended up with spare parts and used the spare spring for the Litt tailcap.

E49D6223-8112-4D90-8754-1E1903760FD1.jpeg

I'll buy one

Last edited:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Looking for the above posted flashlight (ie doggy footprints minimag) it dawned on me that it would be nice if the Maglite e-store had a 'what's new' section. That way repeat buyers or even some setting on the fence could save a bunch of time looking around for special edition numbers, upgraded versions and anything just released like the MagTac2.
Eh, some of us have been hoping for warm beam big lights or lights that start on eco to no avail so I won't hold my breath on this idea either. But it would be something that could actually boost sales, even if just a little.

knucklegary

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone needs to send Tony a lifetime CPF membership?

Hopefully then he'd be prone to listen to some great ideas from real users..

Unfortunately his contacts, email addy is guarded like King Solomon's gold, through ML website is not publicly available

I've found a ML CS gal named Esther gives out info., if you promise ice cream. And then she's limited to what devulgance is permitted..
If she talks too much Maglica will have his henchmen pull off her false finger nails (-;

bykfixer

Flashaholic
PK once told me "if you can get 10 cpf members to agree on a neutral tint for the PL-2 I'll make 100".
I got 11 different preferences from 11 members. Not even 2 agreed on a tint.

It's marketing that needs to be lurking CPF. Trouble is Maglite still thinks like a giant company. And giant companies don't do special editions unless there's a study that shows lots of sales would result. They market at places like fakebook where 50% of the responders say Maglite sucks. If they'd think small like Gene Malkoff or Henry at HDS they'd probably put out more "flavors".

bykfixer

Flashaholic
26A11AA5-9351-4534-888B-4C1DD75C48E3.jpeg

Now available
It's a special edition smooth barrel old school (read 127 lumens, 6093cd) 2aa minimag with a lens kit, wrist strap and pocket clip.
Says 11 hour runtime on high. I'm glad to see runtime taking center stage over super-nova outputs.

Burgess

Flashaholic
It's spelled different. Not made by Maglite.

Ohhhhhh . . . .
That EXPLAINS it !
< D'oh >

I saw this video on The Weather Channel page,
so I simply "assumed" it was legit.

Otherwise --
My BullShirt Detector would've been triggered
a lot sooner . . . .

:banghead:

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I'm not the biggest MagLite fan. But I really wish they had come out with that 8-in-1 light.