Yet another sniper shooting...

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
Webley, I think they already have: Nation of Islam. Militant organization. I am sure they are under intense scrutiny. There are other groups.

Now the Turf wars start: Primadonna Prosecutors. Law Enforcement cooperation is far better than lawyers in a turf war.

There is still a ton of investigative work to be done on this case. They need to make this airtight, water tight, and bulletproof. That's LEO's job.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
So a trucker was the one that actually found them based on a license plate that the taskforce didn't want released (they only released it after the press had already leaked it) and now it comes out that the two had actually been sleeping in their car at one of the crime scenes and were shooed away by the taskforce because they weren't in a white van and therefore not suspicious.

I sure am glad that they were caught and it looks like the police have done a good job setting up a successful prosecution but I really hate to see the taskforce nearly breaking their own arms patting themselves on the back.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

agreed, Greg.
it's ridiculous; the case is solved with a piece of information a civilian happened to get in spite of the police efforts to keep it secret, absurd. I was wondering where he got it from, I didn't see it mentioned any where..?

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Ted the Led:
agreed, Greg.
it's rediculous; the case is solved with a piece of information a civilian happened to get in spite of the police efforts to keep it secret, absurd. I was wondering where he got it from, I didn't see it mentioned any where..?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The word is...Ted, that was leaked by one of the investigators who disagreed with the info. release policy of his department.

I believe he was thinking about the quick apprehension of the recent child abductors using the highway bulletin info. (The Amber Law).

B@rt

Flashaholic
Hi Ted,
in this article the truckdriver, Ron Lantz said he noticed the car, which matched the description given in news coverage, after pulling in to a rest area near Frederick.

axolotls

Enlightened
Something been nagging me though. Although small. They had the fingerprint from the AL murder and that guys fingerprint was already in a database from 12/2001. Yet, no connection was ever made?

Well, I am glad they both are caught. I think they were spotted less than an hour after the broadcast around midnight.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
The usual problem here, is that Local Police rarely seek fingerprint ID outside local jurisdiction. This was likely a case where they assumed local dudes. Unless there is a clear reason to seek outside local jurisdiction, Amour Propre forbids such (false Pride or Testosterone Effect).

This happens in other areas, reference Japanese Officials refusal of aid for post Kobe Quake.

In other news: the Chechen terrorist takover of the Moscow theater is over, with pre-dawn raid by Russian Special Forces. Well done to them!

AlexGT

Flashlight Enthusiast
WoooHooo!

The police have nailed the sniper, according to the CNN report the rifle found on the car matches the ballistics of the one used on the killings

Hope they shove that rifle up his.... Fry them!!!

Monsters_Inc

Banned
I find it weird that during nearly all the time the cops were on the lookout for a white van in connection with the sniper and victimised everyone who owned one - yet in this crime surely of the utmost importance in public safety they didn't consider any other vehicles! It's absurd...

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Some more news is coming out about these snipers:

Apparently the sniper shootings are just the grand finale of a longer crime spree. They've traced the bullets from other shootings at liquor stores in Maryland and Alabama to these guys. Now they're trying to find out how many other murders they may have actually committed.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
I hope they solve all of the crimes that they of course committed...("innocent until proven guilty"...EXCUUUUUUUSE ME? -> PRETTY OBVIOUS!) If indeed there were more involved, hope they find them...then when that's all done, PUBLIC EXECUTION!! You can't put a price on what they have done to the victim's families as well as the general populace, not to menton all of the operations, investigation, etc...that has taken place. Now I have to pay to "defend" them?