Zebralight SC53c and SC53w

ven

Flashaholic
+1 :laughing:

What would help me choose(other than maybe wait and see/read reports of peoples opinions 1st), would be what LED choice i did not have. Something different! If the c is only available in the sc64, i would save the w choice for the 600 series as another example. Or get a similar colour temp in the plus version if available. If it has to be one or the other, i would wait and see for pics and impressions or even youtube vid/s. I know easier said than done(waiting), but its better than spending near $100 and wanting the other choice.

Cobraman502

Enlightened
+1 :laughing:

What would help me choose(other than maybe wait and see/read reports of peoples opinions 1st), would be what LED choice i did not have. Something different! If the c is only available in the sc64, i would save the w choice for the 600 series as another example. Or get a similar colour temp in the plus version if available. If it has to be one or the other, i would wait and see for pics and impressions or even youtube vid/s. I know easier said than done(waiting), but its better than spending near $100 and wanting the other choice.

Yep I agree 100% but the tint lottery will get ya when you least expect it. I was just trying to see if the high cri is worth the cut in lumens. I have the SC52w which is 4500k and it's perfect just looking for an 18650 variant with new UI

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just ordered the SC53C. It will be my first ever experience with Zebralight. Is it possible to use this light with the Zebralight headband and just spin it so the light is on the side of your head?

Strintguy

Enlightened
Just ordered the SC53C. It will be my first ever experience with Zebralight. Is it possible to use this light with the Zebralight headband and just spin it so the light is on the side of your head?

You'd have to check and see if it will hold the light securely. Malkoff makes a headstrap that might work for your needs...

gurdygurds

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very pleased with the SC53C i received. Very easy to program it to my preferred settings and outputs and I love the small size. Feels like a solid little chunk o' metal and the surface has enough grooves and "features" that I don't miss the lack of knurling at all. Good tint.....great beam......it's awesome.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like my SC53c. Didn't know it's programmable. Anyway I don't feel any need to change anything, the standard setting works good.

Last edited:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
I don't suppose Zebralight somehow takes custom orders? The SC53c has the newer G6/G7 firmware, but would like to get it with the frosted lens.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't suppose Zebralight somehow takes custom orders? The SC53c has the newer G6/G7 firmware, but would like to get it with the frosted lens.
Yes, they generally will do that and have done it for others as long as the lens fits. Just shoot them an email and/or put that you would like a frosted lens in the comments section when you order.

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Yes, they generally will do that and have done it for others as long as the lens fits. Just shoot them an email and/or put that you would like a frosted lens in the comments section when you order.

Thanks, sent a message to sales, will see what they say.

Last edited:

Dio

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, sent a message to sales, will see what they say.

I've got a SC53Fc and had a SC53Fw too before it got lost in long grass when it fell out of my pocket at my mates farm. I really miss the SC53Fw it was the perfect night time round the house light due to its low low and very comfortable size - the SC53Fc is just as comfortable and the low low is actually slightly lower but the tint on the SC53Fw at higher output levels was nicer to use around other light sources.

Moral of the story: ZL will happily produce you a SC53Fc - mine even came engraved "SC53Fc"..the SC53Fw came as "SC53Fw" too btw..

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Response from Zebralight on my custom order question . . .

You can leave a note, 'My actual order is one SC53Fc, refer to CRM 32**02.'

It may take a few weeks longer than usual.

icon7.gif
Cool, just ordered a SC53Fc, but as you can see, looks like it's going to take while.
icon9.gif

UPDATE (Feb 19th): Well, forget waiting a few weeks, I just got shipment/tracking today, a mere one business day later.

Last edited:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Well, this is not going well. :( Received my custom order from ZL today, but it was just a normal SC53c, WITHOUT frosted lens. My order clearly states it's an approved custom order. I suspect someone on the production floor was in a hurry and didn't check the order carefully. So, just requested an RMA, will be sending back to have the correct light built/re-sent.

In a follow-up email from Zebralight, they admitted their mistake.

Last edited:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Well Zebralight said the custom order would take a few weeks. A little over one month, it arrived today with no prior shipment notification.

Finally, my custom SC53Fc has arrived (with custom printing on the side). Now I want to do a run-time graph with an Energizer Ultimate Lithium.

sjowalfahvttmeo6g.jpg

70480058yq6aga16g.jpg

jflip

Newly Enlightened
Well Zebralight said the custom order would take a few weeks. A little over one month, it arrived today with no prior shipment notification.

Finally, my custom SC53Fc has arrived (with custom printing on the side). Now I want to do a run-time graph with an Energizer Ultimate Lithium.

sjowalfahvttmeo6g.jpg

70480058yq6aga16g.jpg

Looks awesome. Did they charge you extra? The custom printing is a really nice touch.