Zebralight SC600w II L2 Announced for September

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
ok thanks. Just making sure the LED isn't just mounted on a skinny PC board with poor heat transfer from the resin-fiber board to the aluminum body.

LED on skinny fiber board + no direct aluminum contact = poor heat transfer path.

LED backed up with direct contact against thick aluminum = good heat transfer path.

Last edited:

rexet

Newly Enlightened
Everytime I finally take the decision to own a SC600 flashlight I need to wait for a new version :shrug: !
This L2 seems near perfect, I hope it will be available very soon.

EDIT : done, I put my pre-order for a Neutral white at IS. I can't wait... :)

Last edited:

pebbles

Newly Enlightened
Regarding: SC600w Mk II L2 18650 XM-L2 Flashlight Neutral White

I went on the website, and it still says "Preorder" as of Oct. 27th.

What specific battery would you recommend for this latest version, or does it matter? I see several different batteries offered on the website and the battery specs. say
Battery: One 18650 size (up to 69mm long) 3.6/3.7V li-ion rechargeable.

Given the new model will be shorter...I want to make sure I get the right battery for it.

I need a single charger, too. Any recommendations?

Feel free to talk me out of this light, if you have something better with similar properties.

BOHAWG

Newly Enlightened
Regarding: SC600w Mk II L2 18650 XM-L2 Flashlight Neutral White

I went on the website, and it still says "Preorder" as of Oct. 27th.

What specific battery would you recommend for this latest version, or does it matter? I see several different batteries offered on the website and the battery specs. say
Battery: One 18650 size (up to 69mm long) 3.6/3.7V li-ion rechargeable.

Given the new model will be shorter...I want to make sure I get the right battery for it.

I need a single charger, too. Any recommendations?

Feel free to talk me out of this light, if you have something better with similar properties.

Update: I preordered a SC600 II L2 on 9/30/13 and received it today. I love it!!! I've been the owner of an original SC600 since 2010 and was pleasantly impressed with the SC600, but the SC600 II L2 blows it away>>>>>> :faint:

srg818

Newly Enlightened
Update: I preordered a SC600 II L2 on 9/30/13 and received it today. I love it!!! I've been the owner of an original SC600 since 2010 and was pleasantly impressed with the SC600, but the SC600 II L2 blows it away>>>>>> :faint:

Can you post some beamshots outside in the dark? maybe a video? :)

sam7

Newly Enlightened
Did you get a shipping notification or did the light just show up?

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened

I would like to know too, They are supposed to start shipping today. Anyone else received one yet?

Johnno

Newly Enlightened
IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

I like it so far - much more compact and has the improved interface/modes. Slightly darker green in color. My only minor gripe is the lanyard ring hole "nipple" on the body.

Tint is perfect - cool white. It is also slightly brighter. (The beams have to be side by side to really tell... and even then, it's just barely noticeable.)

Just arrived today - was a pre-order directly from Zebralight.

Last edited:

RIX TUX

Enlightened
IMG_4345.JPG

IMG_4350.JPG

I like it so far - much more compact and has the improved interface/modes. Slightly darker green in color. My only minor gripe is the lanyard ring hole "nipple" on the body.

Tint is perfect - cool white. It is also slightly brighter. (The beams have to be side by side to really tell... and even then, it's just barely noticeable.)

Just arrived today - was a pre-order directly from Zebralight.
more throw?
is it worth the extra $ ?
new models should blow the old one away-does it?

Johnno

Newly Enlightened
more throw?
is it worth the extra $ ?
new models should blow the old one away-does it?

The reflector design hasn't changed, so expecting different/improved throw isn't in the cards. Slightly more overall output does perhaps get you a tiny bit more throw, but nothing really worth writing home about. This light is more about putting up a wall of light anyhow.

The price also hasn't really changed - unless you are comparing it to the now discounted price of the older model. I wouldn't say it "blows the old one away"' but it does improve upon it nicely, especially when it comes to the interface/mode improvements and it's reduced length (very noticeable). It is a nicer light - but more an evolution/refinement of the previous model, than a revolutionary change to what was and still is considered a very, very good light to begin with. It was worth the upgrade to me - but then I already own 6 other Zebralights, so I'm just adding to the herd rather than upgrading... :)

markr6

Flashaholic
Nice! I can't wait to get mine. No big deal, but aesthetically I think cramming all that text into that small area and shrinking the logo is cheesy.

akajimmy

Newly Enlightened
I cant wait to get mine. When the SC600W came out, I wanted to get it. But I was late to the party. So, I jumped all over the preorder, just patiently waiting for my shipping notice now:whistle: