Any good Stores in new york/buffalo/niagara usa? or somewhere along to new york city?

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Hi Everyone,

I'm planning a trip to new york city but if anyone knows of a good local store I could visit it would be great! Up here in Canada we lack of good local stores, I often go on the internet and order it there.

any suggestions would be appriciated for a fellow flash-aholic.

Thanks in advance!

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Any good Stores in new york/buffalo/niagara usa? or somewhere along to new york city?

It will probably help if you could be a bit more specific about what you're looking for. There are plenty of shopping centers between the border crossing and Manhattan that house chain stores, like Target, that might carry what you're looking for.

freeze12

Enlightened
Re: Any good Stores in new york/buffalo/niagara usa? or somewhere along to new york city?

Just what is it You are looking for as I live here in Buffalo,NY.

timcodes

Newly Enlightened

I'm looking for a good flashlight stores. LED flashlights in particular, but any good ones of the sort would be great!

Canada doesn't have good flashlight stores :(

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast

There aren't stores specifically dedicated to flashlights in the U.S. either. If there were, the overhead would be so high that they probably wouldn't stay in business very long.

If you're not sure of what you're looking for, just say so. If you have specific items in mind, it would be best to identify them. Some items, like some of the Chinese flashlights aren't carried in real stores and may only be available from web sites.

freeze12

Enlightened

Here in Buffalo,the only place is Target that carrys "Inova" some generic LED lights etc. other than that....nothing. I too get most of My lights from the overseas sellers. or build Your own.

timcodes

Newly Enlightened

bright guy is: BrightGuy, Inc. • 30133 Euclid Ave., Unit C • Wickliffe, OH 44092
Ohio I believe......

too bad I guess. I had hoped the US had lots of good stores :awman:

GadgetTravel

Enlightened
Paragon Sporting Goods on Broadway (about 16th or 17th street). They have a pretty good collection of Surefires. Ive gotten two A2s, an E1L, and a KL4 head there. Maybe a couple of others as well. It is a huge sporting goods/outdoorwhere store. Somewhat discounted prices. Also a big selection of knives: Benchmade, SOG, Spyderco, Boker, Chris Reeve and many others.

rcashel11

Newly Enlightened
GadgetTravel said:
Paragon Sporting Goods on Broadway (about 16th or 17th street). They have a pretty good collection of Surefires. Ive gotten two A2s, an E1L, and a KL4 head there. Maybe a couple of others as well. It is a huge sporting goods/outdoorwhere store. Somewhat discounted prices. Also a big selection of knives: Benchmade, SOG, Spyderco, Boker, Chris Reeve and many others.

I second GadgetTravel's recommendation.

JasonC8301

Flashlight Enthusiast

If you can rent a car, www.productwizard.com in Brick NJ, about an hour to hour and a half drive from the city.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
Auburn, NY (about 20 miles from Syracuse) has a Bass Pro Shop. They have a few Surefires and other assorted lights. (Exit 40 from the NY State Thruway)

Also, I think I read where Gander Mountain Sports stores carry Surefires as well. There is a Gander Mountain store about 10 miles North of Syracuse, just off Interstate 81. (I have never visited this store, so I can't say for sure that they have a good selection).

Good luck.

secamp32

Newly Enlightened

The Victorinox store in The Westchester mall in White Plains has a good selection of Mag and Streamlights as well as parts for them in addtion to SAK and many brands of lock blade folders. Of course the prices are higher than you can find online but at the store you can actually touch them.

bruner

Enlightened
underdust said:
Auburn, NY (about 20 miles from Syracuse) has a Bass Pro Shop. They have a few Surefires and other assorted lights. (Exit 40 from the NY State Thruway)

Also, I think I read where Gander Mountain Sports stores carry Surefires as well. There is a Gander Mountain store about 10 miles North of Syracuse, just off Interstate 81. (I have never visited this store, so I can't say for sure that they have a good selection).

Good luck.

There's a Gander Mountain where I live. They do have SureFires, but you're better off buying on-line. They have a nice selection of lights, but nothing compared to what you might find on the internet.

Just my opinion,
Dan