ADD... just wondering...

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
It seems a lot of people with ADD (including myself) are real gadgetfreaks. So I was wondering if there are any others here with ADD or the likes...

For the people who don't know what ADD is, it's like the slow version of ADHD :)

carrot

Flashaholic
ADHD here. When I really care (ie, not in class), I can focus myself and calm down pretty easily. In class I just get bored.

CLHC

Flashaholic
MayCooper said:
It seems a lot of people with ADD (including myself) are real gadgetfreaks. . .For the people who don't know what ADD is, it's like the slow version of ADHD

I thought that I read somewhere that ADD can occur without any hyperactivity at all. Or it can occur with any degree of hyperactivity-from barely noticeable, through rather annoying, to highly disabling. . .

But anyways, I was wondering if it may be closely associated/linked with OCD too. Don't know, since I'm no doctor.

Coop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tilburg, the Netherlands (perfectly reachable by U
As far as my doctor told me ADD is kind of like the mother of all... When Hyperactivity sets in over a certain level it'll be classified as ADHD. There are some other related things like PDD-NOS and stuff, but I don't know about OCD. I'll ask him next time I'm there (if I remember to :))

Over here in the netherlands it seems not many people know about ADD. Whenever you tell them the first response is "don't you mean ADHD??". So usually I just tell them its the slow version of... Because if you tell them it's basically the same thing, but without (or with less) hyperactivity, they don't understand because most people here seem to think that ADHD is just hyperactivity. Somehow they accept it when you refer to ADD as the slow version of...