Streamlight Scorpion LED

WhiteLight

Newly Enlightened
Any other Scorpion LED fans out there?

The first high power light I bought was a Scorpion and I loved it.

When Streamlight come out with a LED version I really wanted to try it, but I had a number of Surefire's and just could not get myself to pay the $65 price I was seeing them for in the sporting goods store.

Last weekend I was in Sportsmans Warehouse and seen they had the Scorpion LED for $39.99

I just had to pick one up to try it for that price. I really like the output of the light. When I compare it to my Surefire G2 with G&P LED the light is much whiter looking with the scorpion and the LED is dead center, unlike my G&P. :(

I like the rubber grip and smaller diameter body on the scorpion too.
It would be ok to have a lock out tail cap, but I see the Streamlight Tactical TL-2 LED Gen 2 looks like the same LED bezel, but with a different body and LOTC. I may have to give one of them a try next. :)

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I also really like my SL Scorpion LED...great output and throw at a great price. I'm also looking to get a SL TL-2 gen2 LED, but have been having a hard time finding a gen2 for a low price (most of the low priced ones I find are gen1s). If you find a gen2 for a good price, let me know!...especially if it's an ODG one.

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
At that price, it's pretty hard to find a justification for not snapping it up.

Unfortunately, it would appear that they don't have a business presence in CA.

WhiteLight said:
Last weekend I was in Sportsmans Warehouse and seen they had the Scorpion LED for $39.99

jsr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I got mine from Botac for $40 + tax. I didn't pay shipping as I ordered enough at the time to get free shipping.