Streamlight and the Village People

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened
It probably is just me, but I'm wondering.

I've just looked at Streamlight's home page (www.streamlight.com), and all of a sudden I had the lyrics to "YMCA" by The Village People running through my head.

Does anyone remember that song and/or The Village People, or am I showing my age?

More importantly, does it happen to anyone else when they visit the Streamlight site?

If I really am showing my age, and nobody has any idea what I am talking about, then I can only offer this in my defence:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Village_People

So, is it just me???

Last edited:

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened
Re: Is it just me...

LOL Larry!

Yes, I guess all these youngsters with their Eminems and their transistor radios won't have a clue...

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

I think I see what you mean... :laughing:

I like the song! It always brings a smile to my face because they were sooo campy. It's a great song for workouts, especially the extended version.

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened

PhotonWrangler: You are very brave to admit that! I bet you've got the extended version on your record player right now!

mobile1: Brilliant idea! I have a friend that knows a bit about electronics. Hmmm... wonder if he can fit a chip in my TL-3!

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

OutdoorIdiot said:
PhotonWrangler: You are very brave to admit that! I bet you've got the extended version on your record player right now!

Actually I've temporarily misplaced the CD. Or my spouse has hidden it, I'm not sure. But the song IS running in my head right now! :laughing:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast

Not only do I remember it, I remember being drunk, and old enough to be so, enough at a Wedding Reception to actually dance to it, lol.

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened

Lee1959:

That's given me a great idea. I think next time I've ... had a tipple ... I'll try to remember to have a look at the Streamlight page. Just to see if alcohol "enhances" the whole effect.

I'll make sure nobody else is in the room, just in case the experiment leads to involuntary (and no doubt very camp) dancing!

carrot

Flashaholic

I was listening to a few old Village People songs on the subway today... "In the Navy," "Macho Man," "San Francisco," and "In Hollywood (Everybody is a Star)"...

tvodrd

*Flashaholic* ,

OutdoorIdiot said:
LOL Larry!

Yes, I guess all these youngsters with their Eminems and their transistor radios won't have a clue...

Outdoor, I doubt very many of them have a clue as to what a "transistor radio" is/was. :crackup: :D

Larry

metalhed

Enlightened

Actually, the kids do know 'YMCA'.

Pretty cool to see a couple of thousands kids (of all ages) spelling out Y-M-C-A with their arms when the song is played at the local hockey team's games. I can't stand the song myself, but just like the 'Chicken Dance', when the kids starting dancing it brings a smile to my face. (And I really don't like kids all that much, either...go figure.)

The transistor radio is another story tho'...

Santelmo

Enlightened

LOL!!!!!!!!! Now that you mention it. . . (er, but I was in gradeschool back then, hehehe)

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened

Sigman said:
OutdoorIdiot - YOU are guilty of planting "Brainworms"! :ohgeez:

Sorry about that.

But, hey, if I have to have the associations permanently in my mind, why shouldn't everybody else!?

In fact... there's one more thing I've got to do... If I can just work out how to do pictures...

... must resist ... must resist ... can't resist ... must resist ...

OutdoorIdiot

Enlightened

SHOCK NEWS! This just in: Streamlight announce new VP(tm) Beamshaper.

Bored with the effect of your standard "what-you-see-is-what-you-get" Streamlight beam profiles? PROBLEM SOLVED! Streamlight have released their new line of "VP" (Village People) Beamshaper add-ons.

I've just got one, and here's my review.

Well, this is what it looks like:

streamlightbeamshaper4zb.jpg

Ergonomics: Fit and finish are excellent. It's round, it's got levers and things, and it's all very exciting.

Performance: Well, I tried shining my "standard" TL-3 at a target, to remind me of just how boring a normal beam profile is. This is what happened:

beamshotbefore1bi.jpg

Yes. Dull, dull, dull. Well, BRIGHT, but dull. You know what I mean.

Next I tried sticking the new VP(tm) Beamshaper on the end, and fired her up again. This is what happened:

beamshotafter4qs.jpg

That's right!

:rock:

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic

metalhed said:
The transistor radio is another story tho'...

6 transistors and one diode. That's what it said on the sticker on the back of my little transistor radio. Shortly afterwards the marketing folks caught onto this and started adding additional transistors wired only as diodes so they could raise the transistor count on the sticker!
:ohgeez: