Nascar - minus the Nascar

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Now I need to pick what I want to put in her.

HID?
WYOS?
UXOJ?

Decisions Decisions :)

Mac

Fade-vi.jpg

Last edited:

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
I say go with the Unobtainium! But that's just me. HID is cool, but repeatable. Same with the WY0S. Now if you could find a X-bin...OR, maybe you should make the first short arc mag mod :poke:

-DF

Lunarmodule

Enlightened
Love the NASCAR color fade! Allright, Mac, time to fess up as to where you are getting these unobtanium LEDs... sounds like a dream. My vote is for UX0J. Are you selling these? I'd go bannanas for a TriLux UX0J with dimming.

cue003

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lunar, I am right with ya on the Tri-lux or even a Quad-Lux UX0J with dimming.

OH YEAH BABY!!!

Mac, great work as usual.

Curtis

CLHC

Flashaholic
Sometime ago I asked Waterfish about a MagHID with said NASCAR Spectrum Mag. He said that it's possible but it'll have to be without the NASCAR as Mac indicated.

DFiorentino

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:
Sometime ago I asked Waterfish about a MagHID with said NASCAR Spectrum Mag. He said that it's possible but it'll have to be without the NASCAR as Mac indicated.

Couldn't you just use the section of tube with "NASCAR" engraved in it? Instead of the tailcap being out of the fade as Mac's is, the head would seem to jump in color. I was just eyeing up one of my NASCAR lights and it looks feasible.

-DF

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
CHC said:

I could build the light with just the nascar logo but it would slightly jump colors. If you wanted the full 3d then that would be easier and cheaper. We could fit 3 lithium ions in there :)

Mac

Lips

Flashlight Enthusiast
That turned out better than I thought. How many inches longer than the Mini Mini did it wind up being. Blue tailcap set it off...

Hey Icebreak, that's "Hot Cakes II" :laughing: