StreamLight 3W 2L

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
I havent read that anybody likes this light or has it. I will really like opinions of What people think of this light. Thanks. looking to buy it

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
See review of it at FLR here. I heard one poster a month ago or so say he had two and liked them.

<edit> if you get it, let us know how you like it.

Wrangler

Enlightened
Hi guys,

I`m the one poster who has 2 of them!
And as mentioned already, I like them a lot!
This light replaced my Inova T3 and XO3.
Similar throw (not much less) and better spill. Really bright and excellent runtime on low mode.
One of them was modded by Klaus with a TWOJ and draws 1300mA now instead of 900mA. I Like both of them and can highly recommend them!!!

Paladin

Enlightened
I love my Streamlight 2L3W as well. No one raves about them because they are a practical, unassuming lighting tool. Too plain to get excited about, but competent enough for almost any household or recreational use.

And a bit bulky for a 6 volt light, but the two-stage versatility and throw are much appreciated. Versatile and Capable are the best descriptive words to apply. One sits in my BOB, accompanied by a SL 3C Twin-task.

Mine pulled around 700mA on high, and only 100mA on low. The meter used DOES claim to measure pulsed DC properly (Sunpro Model CP 7678), BTW. The "strobing" effect from the PWM when using Low mode and rapidly moving the beam is very noticeable!

Paladin

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wrangler said:
Hi guys,
I`m the one poster who has 2 of them!
And as mentioned already, I like them a lot!
Thanks for dropping in Wrangler, now I know I wasn't imagining it...
This light replaced my Inova T3 and XO3.
No Way! I love my T3. It is a jewel crossed with a tank crossed with Lara Croft. Downright sexy and a pleasure to hold and use. But I have recently discovered the many good Streamlight dual brightness level lights. I only have the AA versions though.
Similar throw (not much less) and better spill. Really bright and excellent runtime on low mode.
...yeah, the usefulness of a low mode will get you every time. So utilitarian you end up grabbing that light for every use. The one light you always take along into unknown situations has to do everything for a long time.
One of them was modded by Klaus with a TWOJ and draws 1300mA now instead of 900mA. I Like both of them and can highly recommend them!!!
Sounds like a good mod. I'm usually not so interested in making my EDC run brighter because of the impact on run time, but if you still have a low mode to use more often, then go for it!

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
So the TwinTask has good overall throw? I was looking for a killer thrower l.e.d with good regulation and then ill be happy. Inova T5? any good or should i just get the Surefire L5

fieldops

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think you said you don't mind a bit bigger light. If so, I'd try the T5. I really do like mine. I did say the Striker VG was a much better thrower, but the T5 at 65$, superb runtime (well over 3hr), quality build, and good thrower make it a great light.

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks, i did not really like the striker because it had not so good regulation, but since i already have a Inova T3 and people said i wont see much of a difference ill just get a Surefire L5 i dont need that much spot thats what my 1Mcp light is for.

GWC3

Newly Enlightened
I too have a 3W 2L and like it alot. only possible drawback is its size, not really true pocket size. But for an all around home, car, camping light not required to be true pocket size, I think its super (and I have inova's, surefires, HDS60, and a few others). I have mine as a house light, but will get a 2nd for car soon. A bit pricey vs some other options (like nuwai 301x-3 whiich I also have and like alot too).

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have owned my 1st 2L 3W for almost 3 years and a 2nd 2L 3W for 2 years going through abuse and I have had no problems....plus they run on RCR123 3.0 & 3.6 volt batteries. The throw is good for over 100 ft. which I think is good and practical with just enough spill.I always pocket my 2L 3W everytime I use them which works well since the switch is a side mount that does not accidentally click on in your pocket.
I highly recommend this flashlight also, since it's been bright and reliable!!!!

P.S. You can buy them through Amazon.com for $54.00 and free shipping Streamlight 51008 Task Light 2L

Last edited:

russtang

Flashlight Enthusiast
Great light. Excellent value at $55.00I bought one off of ebay and payed 38.00 I really like it.

ThomasH

Newly Enlightened
This is the Tasklight 2-L Luxeon right? I bought one for myself and my Dad and two brother's for Christmas past and we love 'em.

Nice and bright with decent throw on high, but lots of runtime on low. You can use low to light a sidewalk or trail then switch to high to light up something you want to see better or is far away (or scary). :)

I too felt slightly slighted by the lack of enthusiasm for this light, but I've never regretted purchasing it. There are much brighter lights available now, with even more throw (the Inova T3 and so forth come to mind) but I really like the two-level feature of this light.

- Thomas

bjn70

Flashlight Enthusiast
For a long time I wanted to buy one of these to use for camping, but I ended up buying a Nuwai TM115 from a friend locally. The TM115 has very similar characteristics to the Streamlight, and was quite a bit less money. Initially the high price was what kept me away from the Streamlight.

meeshu

Enlightened
Top Secret! So secret even I don't know where I am
I've got four of these lights.

There is slight variation in beam width and in LED color between these lights.

I've found it convenient to have the two stage light output. Also, the lights are reasonably well built.

Overall, I'd rate these lights as being about 7/10 for features and build.

Big Bob

Newly Enlightened
I received a SL 3W 2L as a Christmas gift and, as others have said, it's a really decent light...very bright with excellent throw for an LED light. Since Streamlight refers to it as a "tasklight", it seems that many folks confuse it with one of their twin tasklights which, of course, it is not. The 3W 2L is one of the lights that I keep in my "Get outta Dodge Bag".

BTW, after Blindasabat's description of his T3, I'll never look at mine the same way again. Ohhhh Lara.......

skalomax

Flashlight Enthusiast
:lolsign: lara. Well I dont know What i want is A superbright LED flashlight with great Regulation and 45Min Or Longer Runtime

Blindasabat

Flashlight Enthusiast
skalomax said:
:lolsign: lara. Well I dont know What i want is A superbright LED flashlight with great Regulation and 45Min Or Longer Runtime
Trust me, Lara will last longer than 45 minutes and will work hard the whole time.

heh heh heh heh...