Brightest AA

Apollo

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix 1LP has pretty good throw considering it's size. Are you referring to a single AA flashlight or 2 AA, 3 AA?

Brighteyez

Flashlight Enthusiast
Providing some specifics might get you a better answer.
How many AA batteries do you want to put in the light?
How big of a light are you looking for?
Do you want something that you can put in your pocket, or something that will go into a briefcase?

Since you posted in the LED forum, you should be looking for an LED light.
If you're really not sure, you might want to go to http://www.flashlightreviews.com/features/chart_manu.htm and then click on the Throw column so that all the lights are ordered in amount of throw. Then just go down the list until you find the first AA powered light; that will be one that has a lot of throw and may very well be the one that throws the farthest.

And in the event that the chart is too complex for you to understand at this point in the game, the Bright Star Responder seems to be the AA light that tops that list, though it's not known as to what specifically you're actually looking for.

skalomax said:
Which AA flashlight Has the Most Throw?

chesterqw

Flashlight Enthusiast
a heavier one will help you get enough Momentum to help you throw it further away. :p

brightest would be a fenix mod by miller mods :0

enLIGHTenment

Enlightened
Propolymer 4AA Luxeon, followed by the Striker VG with an AA tube. If you could hack up a way to run the Striker with four AAs it'd win easily.

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
Flash007 said:
- 1 AA : Millermod L1P with SXOH/SWOH

- 2 AA : Millermod L2P with UXOJ/UWOJ

What about MM L1P with 3.7v AA,
I was thinking that MM L1P and L2P is the same.
Could you explain why S**H for L1 and U**J for L2

PJD

Flashlight Enthusiast
Kalinux said:

I tried running my MM L1P on a 3.7V LIon...MillerMods himself doesn't recommend it, and I found that the bezel of the light got VERY hot in a VERY short time. MM L1P and L2P are not the same. The L1P is modded to 1.7W and provides 35-45% more output than a stock L1P. The MM L2P is modded to 3W, and provides 75-85% more output than the stock L2P. Also, the electronics in the two are not the same. I had MUCH better luck running the MM L2P head on an L1P body using the 3.7V Lion...the output BLAZES and it doesn't get nearly as hot as the MM L1P on a LIon cell. Again however, MillerMods does NOT recommend using LIon cells in this configuration as well. A lot of CPFers have and have encountered no problems, but you are taking a risk, since the MM circuit wasn't designed to handle the extra "oomph" of a LIon cell. FYI...

PJD

frisco

Enlightened
JetBeam AA with 14500 battery screems!!!!! It is very bright and has pretty good throw. It can also run on AA batteries or run on RCR123/CR123 with optional 123 tube.

frisco

Kalinux

Newly Enlightened
I remember the original thread from Millermods..It was the same..Maybe he change it later and I miss it.........ohhh man,:hairpull: I just bought MM L1P to run it with 3.7v
Edit- I hope you can ship it tomorrow, I gona put this U bin I got anyway :grin2: :grin2: :grin2: :rock:

Last edited:

TrueBlue

Flashlight Enthusiast
maxliteaastreamlightpropoly4aa1.jpg

Even with the stock head, the Maxlite AA is as bright as a 4AA Streamlight ProPoly. And Max also has a two-brightness switch.

Brody

Newly Enlightened
My brightest led flashlight running on 6AA batteries is my Elektrolumens Blaster VI. I am afraid it is no longer being made, but it uses a 5W luxeon, and easily beats my streamlight 4AA luxeon. Elektrolumens also makes a XM-3 flashlight running on 2 AA batteries that is very good.

stockae92

Enlightened
chesterqw said:
a heavier one will help you get enough Momentum to help you throw it further away. :p

picture that in my head and it was lol :D

for single AA, L1P is great

Flash007

Enlightened
- MM L1P : 1,7w (Lux @490mA) -
- MM L2P : 3,3w (Lux @980mA) - double the voltage, double the current, double the power.
- MM L1P with 3,7 Li-ion : I suppose it's 5w (Lux @~1500mA ?). But not sure at 100%.

I will put a SWOH in my MM L1P because it's 1,7w and SWOH is a 1w Lux.
SWOH will be little overdriven.
And I've putted a UWOJ in my MM L2P (3,3w), UWOJ is a 3w Lux.
Little overdriven too.

When I use UWOJ at 1,7w (Lux driven @ 490mA), the brightness is still very good, but the tint is a vey little more yellowish.
Because the tint of a LuxIII (UWOJ in my case) is tested for 700mA.
I prefer to use a SWOH at 1,7w, the tint of LuxI (SWOH) is tested for 350mA.

The circuit driver in the MM L1P and MM L2P head are exactly the same.

Concerning the use of a Li-ion 3,7v with the Millermod circuit, I've had in the past asked the same question. His answer :

Q : In the MM L1P + UWOJ, can I use 14500 3,7V Li-ion accu with no problem ?
A : Not unless I beefed up the barrier diode to handle the current when using Li-ion. It's best to an L-bin or higher Lux when using Li-ion with my driver.

Q : Any risk for the driver or the Lux ?
A : No problems in my experience; the Luxes can generally handle 1500mA as long as the heat is shed properly.

Kalinux said: