Latest stock Z58 tail switch... should I worry anymore??

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just took the plunge and bought a Z58 (latest stock, I was told) for my SF lights. Tried it at the retail location, did a few 20-click sessions (one click=click on, click off) and the switch was error-free so far.

I've heard all the bad things on the Z58. Also heard that the Z48 (which I also own) has much better build quality and is more reliable than the Z58. So, should I keep the Z58, or sell it somewhere and get another Z48 instead? Also, how do I know if my Z58 has four tabs instead of two? Kindly advise.

Flash_Gordon

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't worry! Your purchase should be both enjoyable and useful. I've had a Z58 on my C2 for over a year. No issues. I also own a Z48 and SW02. These seem to be more robust, but they are also much larger. Great on M3T, M4 and larger lights, but I like the Z58 on the C2. The longer Z49 and larger SW02 can interfere with some carry options due to length and diameter.

Mark

BTW, I am looking for a good used Z59 for my D3!

yazkaz

Flashlight Enthusiast
I bought the Z48 at first due to its cheaper price and better reliability, but its bigger profile has made me reconsider the Z58.

BTW, what's so special about the SW02, isn't it just another beefed-up Z48/49?

Luna

Enlightened
Flash_Gordon said:
Great on M3T, M4 and larger lights!

Well it works but if you are greedy with power, the bigboy can melt it as I mine did. The spring is thin and gets very hot.

I just reread and I didn't mean the SW02.. As for the SW02,It has a thicker spring but I has to extend mine a little so that it would work on a U2 ( I used a small selftapping screw threaded intot hte end of the spring :) )

Last edited:

BBL

Enlightened
Too bad Z58 is not E-series...

beside that, how is a McClickie supposed to fit in a Z57?

Morelite

Flashlight Enthusiast
BBL said:
Too bad Z58 is not E-series...

beside that, how is a McClickie supposed to fit in a Z57?

My wrong, sorry, I had them confused. The McClickie will not fit the Z58, but it will fit in the Z57.

BBL

Enlightened
Morelite said:
The McClickie will not fit the Z58, but it will fit in the Z57.
Are you sure? I have a Z57 and a few McClickies here, but i see no way that those fit together. Would be nice to revive all those dead Z57'...