SLEEPER OF 2006!!!

EuroBeetle

Newly Enlightened
Got one of these a week ago and i am AMAZED.It kills the Fenix P1.
It is as bright as the FF III on burst using RCRs,but blows it away on primarys.
It is brighter than a McLux III PD U bin either on RCRs or primarys and has about the same tint for half the price.
And it is the smallest of all the above.
Made in USA.And HA III+ glass lens.

WHAT IS IT?

It's the PIERCE M 10 WITH NARROW OPTIC.
Yes i hate optics but this proved me wrong!

Last edited:

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know why so many people are against optics, but it's nice to run across a convert.

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
In one of my "out of control modes", I too ordered one of these. I was indeed surprised at the quality of this little torch. Certainly thought I'd have read more about it on the CPF!! I'm glad I had a "weak moment" as it paid off! This one's a winner! I'm keeping mine set at 400ma with the flood optics for my needs...BEAUTIFUL tint!!

Why no press on this one? I'll have to look, I thought this one came up in a previous thread around these halls? If I find it - I'll merge them.

magic79 provided a very nice mini-review here!!

I'm surprised I've not seen it on any of the review sites yet!

The Pierce light folks just ran an OUTSTANDING SALE (THANK YOU!!)
to CPFrs only...maybe they'll run another in the near future? If they do, anyone "on the fence" should get one!

Mine's home to stay - but it would be a GREAT PASSAROUND!

TigerhawkT3

Flashlight Enthusiast
For $140, it seems more like competition for HDS than for Fenix. However, it is indeed VERY nice. :rock:

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
The sale was for $95!! Maybe a few "bugs in their ear" will produce another one or even an ongoing CPF discount? :thinking:

Oh forgot to mention - they offered it with the wide/narrow/or both options for the same price. I of course elected to get the "both" option for versatility.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not just $95, but $95 with both optics. Maybe they could offer CPF at least both optics on a constant basis? I think having the option of switching up the beam is fantastic. Most people will probably find a combination they like and mainly use that one, but you gotta like having three other options.

I've been using the wide-angle optic with the 400mA drive level and it's easily enough output to look in dark corners during the day and light up a nice area with gorgeous spill during the night. Flipping the switch is easy if you go through the bottom of the head. I always have my Micra on me and there's a tool there that i've never needed to use except for the M10. For those looking for a pocket thrower, i can't see how you'd be disappointed in the narrow-angle optic and 1000mA drive level.

:)>

Flashlight Enthusiast
D@%& you!

I am gonna have to stop looking at this freakin website! Another light to buy; looks too good to pass up.

This stuff is beginning to get expensive. Thousands of dollars in flashlights is a little silly don't you think? I just can't stop and this website is the reason. I would never have heard of Pierce if I wasn't reading these threads.

:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

-Goatee

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
I rememberchecking out the website while it was being developed. I gave up on it. happy to see it's worth the waitI just ordered my HDS 42 XT GT on sale. I'll wait until the Pierce goes on sale. When I saw that it smokes a P1 on RCRs I was sold!:sold:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not sure how it woud "smoke" the P1. Both use 3w Luxeon LED, both are direct drive on RCR's. So that means the difference is the optics vs reflector. I would suppect total output is near the same, but the optic is more focused. There are good and bad sides to that. Personally I prefer spill from reflector.

I have neither light but I understand physics.

Archangel

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm with you, Goatee. I made the mistake of counting my torches the other day. Let's just say i'll be having a sale in a few.