Introducing the M180-M3!!! More Pic Added!!!!

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
What in the heck could it possibly be?!?!?

M180-5.jpg

Its one of Milkyspit's newest creations.... a M180 built inside a M3 head.

M180-1-1.jpg

M180-2-1.jpg

Basically this light is a bundle of three S-binned Lux I emitters running at about 350mAhs each. Each emitter is pushing out about 60 lumens for a total of 180 lumens of light. The best part is, paired with 2xAW's 17500 cells, the light give me about 2 hours and ten minutes of regulated (FatMan Driver?) consistent output. I would get about 3.5 hours on three primary cells, or even better about 4 hours and 42 minutes if I threw the head on my modded M4 body with two 18650 cells.

The beam is very very white with just a hint on the cool side if I compare it to a light that is warm.

M180-6.jpg

This picture definitely exaggerates the cool tint. That was done on purpose for effect!

M180-4.jpg

M180-3.jpg

All in all, I am just floored by this light! It is fantastic and is in a tremendously well built host. I would highly recommend this light to anyone who is interested.

Here's a few final glamour shots:

M180-7.jpg

M180-8.jpg

Great Job Milky!! This is probably the best mod you've built for me yet!

She's a keeper for sure!

MSax

Last edited:

milkyspit

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Introducing the M180-M3!!! Lots of Pics!

Dave, I'm floored at such kind words! Thank you. Fine photography, too! :eek:

:bow: :bow:

Here's what you can expect with your light should you ever decide to run off 3x123 primaries...

img-m180-kl2-leef-runtime-vs-lbu-w-l6-linear.jpg

Leef compared his M180-KL2 to his favorite (meaning best) L6. Interesting that it appears 10 of his "lbu" pretty much correlate to 1 lumen... so 1800 lbu would be about 180 lumens.

Your head differs from Leef's in two ways... (1) yours is perhaps 1mm longer... and (2) his internal heatsink is maybe 1/16th inch thick, while yours is 1/2 inch thick! Note that his test results show no loss in output due to heat buildup, even with his smaller heatsink... apparently the heatsinking in his is doing its job nicely... so my guess would be yours can DEFINITELY take the heat! :)

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast

Here's some other pics with the M180-M3's sibling.....

M180-3-1.jpg

M180-2-2.jpg

M180-1-2.jpg

The Sibling is an M180 in a purple 2C host with a Kiu SS bezel.

Awesome lights!!!

MSax

Kiessling

Flashaholic

NICE !
Still waiting for mine to show up here ... damm USPS 3-5 business days :rant:

Great pics there !! :thumbsup:

Got some beamshots and comparisons to make the wait less unpleasant?

bernie

MSaxatilus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bernie,

I just got my new digital camera and I'm still only learning how to use it. If I can figure out how to take a beamshot I will.

MSax

Mags

Flashlight Enthusiast
Whoops, wrong thread.

Last edited:

cd-card-biz

Enlightened
Just today received my M180-M3 head from Milkyspit. Two big thumbs up, and three cheers! Mine has black felt behind the reflectors, now referred to as the "jewel box" build.

For me, the M3 M180 is a perfect sized larger light, rugged and really slick looking. This is a nice companion to my longer runtime 2C M180.

Tonight will find me roaming around our yard looking for our "pet" opossum. I'll have plenty of light to do it with!

Bill

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been seriously thinking of getting one of these. How much do they run? I mean complete?

I'd really like to see some beamshots.