Went to a corn maze

Chuck289

Enlightened
Some friends and I went to a corn maze in Livermore, CA last nite. I think it was about 6 acres. Im pretty new to flashlights. More and more im becoming addiced. This was my first time really putting my lights through the paces. I brought along my Surefire G2 and Fenix L2T that I let my friend borrow. They had some mini stadium style lights set up but It was pretty dark through most of the maze. The maze had checkpoints where you read clues to figure out where to go. It was funny to see all these kids tryin to see with the light from their cell phone. Its the first time ive used my g2 in an environment where you can really be amazed at how much light it puts out. Instead of having to walk all the way down a path to see what was at the end, I could just shine my light to see if there was anyhting down there. It just helped feed my addiction. I just ordered a Streamlight nightcom and plan on getting a SF L1 next.
Another cool thing was the 10 million candlepower spotlight my friend lugged around though the entire maze. We heard many comments like "That guy has the most insane flashlight I have ever seen"

Last edited:

Icebreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like fun.

Chuck289 said:
Another cool thing was the 10 million candlepower spotlight my friend lugged around though the entire maze.

If Orville Redenbacher had a maze that would be excellent.

Sixpointone

Enlightened
Hi Chuck,

That sounds like a very fun time!

I wanted to go to a Corn Maze this year but plans did not work out. Maybe next year I'll try again.

Thanks for sharing,
John

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went to a Corn Maze last week and brought my G2 (100lm 3.7v bulb), SL4AA, and my L1P. I ran the G2 for exactly 52 minutes until the 17670 battery was done. It was very impressive out there! Literally lit up everything in front of me and I loved the beam quality as well.
I couldn't even imagine carrying around a 10 million CP spotlight. :laughing: His arms must have felt like jello by the end of it.
I didn't see anyone using their cell phones, but I did see so many pathetic 2D lights with 90% dead cells, that it wasn't even funny. Actually I only saw one other half decent light out of about 100+ people that were there, and it was a 3D Incan Mag.

Gone Jeepin

Enlightened
I keep hearing how fun the corn mazes are and hope to try one. A great chance to play with my lights. Half the fun will be figuring out what to take and when to use it. Good stuff.

underdust

Newly Enlightened
I went to a corn maze last week with the girlfriend and her son. We had a good time, but I don't think I've ever been blasted right in the eyes by so many lights, all in one night. It seemed like everyone we passed had to shine their lights directly into our faces. :duh2:

Someone needs to teach the people up here some "flashlight manners".

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
That "light in the face" thing is easy to solve, hit them with a Mag85, Surefire M6, or ROP!

Growl, "keep your lights down, you don't walk at face level!" while you do it!

They'll be so blind they won't be able to see you anyway, just move quickly around them and keep right on going!:)

Bill

Buckeye

Enlightened
My family just went to a corn maze 2 days ago. My wife and I had our CPF LE VB-16s. One son had a camo mini-mag with Nite-Ize and my other son had a Garrity LED. I had to keep reminding my sons (5 & 7) to point the lights at the ground. The Nite-ize was plenty to light the path. I really liked my VB-16. I kept it turned way down and unscrewed the head slighty to make it more of a flood. When we came to a long path I would turn it up to high.
I did see a lot of teenagers using their cell phones to read the signs. Less than half the people had pathetic incandescent lights. We were the only people I saw who had LED lights. Several times we would walk up to the sign and the people were struggling to read it. I would hit the sign with my light. The immediate reaction was to see where it came from and then usually a thank you.
I had my Fenix L1P & E0 and Wolf Eyes 9D, but they were not needed.
Doug

Last edited: