Start 'em young

Ken 222

Newly Enlightened
One of my grandsons turned seven this month. So when I told him I have a couple flashlights for him and his younger brother to take trick-or-treating instead of just saying thanks he got excited said "I want one with an LED". :laughing: He's quite impressed that they are bright, white and the batteries last a long time. Makes Grampa proud. (sniff)

Danbo

Enlightened
When I ordered my Fenix L2T from Lighthound, they sent me a free mini squeeze LED light. Pretty cool little light. It now belongs to my 6 year old Grandson, with specific instructions NOT to shine it in his little sister's eyes.

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
My daughter is 18 months old and has 2 flashlights. Both are waterproof and shockproof (they go with her in the tub).

She getting experienced and grabs the larger one when she wants me to go with her downstairs to the freezer to get icecream:D

When she bangs on the door with her flashlight saying icecream it is hard to say no;)

Start'em early and show them some quality:D

Sverre

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
My 8 year old son got a new light for halloween, a vintage Rayovac woodsman,a 5 D cell running a Rop low bulb!! Its half the size of him!

Last edited:

Christoph

Flashlight Enthusiast
My youngest is 4 and always wants to see my new lights to compare them to other lights. He saw me doing wall shots once and now if he has more than one in his hands he compares them.
In this shot he is presenting his collection

and here he wanted them all on

He really likes my SPY 005.
:grin2:

greenLED

Flashaholic
:D

Watching our son play with one of my lights the other night, my wife commented:
"How many toddlers do you think have figured out how to operate a flashlight?"

Made me proud. :D He's my official "testing" department, BTW - if a light survives a day with him, it's a keeper.

jwl

Enlightened
My three kids (12, 9 & 6) all have 2D Mags with pr-base smjleds installed. All the same color of course (less fighting that way). My 6 year old keeps asking if he can have one of my lights and my niece (22 months old) like to carry her dads 6D mag around the house and has already said "LED".

BladeZealot

Enlightened
My 9 year old has 8 lights. :)

He has an Aleph 2 that is all his. I keep it at my home, so he has access to it when he visits me. He keeps his Nuwai, Surefires, fenix's, etc...:cool:

T4R06

Enlightened
BladeZealot said:
My 9 year old has 8 lights. :)

He has an Aleph 2 that is all his. I keep it at my home, so he has access to it when he visits me. He keeps his Nuwai, Surefires, fenix's, etc...:cool:

adopt me!!!

mchlwise

Enlightened
I gave my son his first flashlight two or three months ago. It's a MiniMag, purple anodized, with a split ring and matching purple anodized caribiner, and a Nite Ize LED drop-in. He LOVES it.

Oh, I forgot to mention... he's 9 months. :ohgeez:

:rock:

Chronos

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son (6) LOVES to play with Daddy's flashlights. His favorite right now is my HID, though I think it will be the Kroma when he sees it. He is learning to be responsible with them, as I'll loan one to him sometimes to use in the backyard or to play with in the house. He now understands it is not ok to flash the light in his sister's face (she's 3)... :) and that he does not have to tell mommy about all of my cool lights. So far that talk hasn't worked very well.

Time for that special father-and-son talk, eh Goatee? ;)

NoFair

Flashlight Enthusiast
T4R06 said:
if my wife get pregnant.. i will light up her tummy!

Been there, done that:D

The baby used to react by moving, kicking and being more active:)

Remeber to use a led since a high powered incan will give mom a burn;)

Sverre

grillmasterp

Newly Enlightened
greenLED said:
:D

Watching our son play with one of my lights the other night, my wife commented:
"How many toddlers do you think have figured out how to operate a flashlight?"
Made me proud. :D He's my official "testing" department, BTW - if a light survives a day with him, it's a keeper.

I was pretty impressed when my son at 11 months figured out how to turn my HDS U60 on & off.