Fenix L0P SE: Best Single AAA Light?

BrightGal

Banned
I have a Fenix L0P SE and I love it. Do any of you think there is a better single AAA light out there? If so, which single AAA light do you think is better and where can I find more information about it?

Curious blond wants to know...

Paul6ppca

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jetbeam came out with a AAA.Check it out,should be brighter and whiter if its anything like my AA.Its new I havent seen any feedback yet.Not even sure they have shipped.I think tactical supply is selling them.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
The LOP SE is certainly very good. It replaced the ARC-P on my neck EDC lanyard as soon as I got it ( but the ARC is now in my pocket just in case!).

Good output and definately a cheap light to travel with abroad. But only time will tell if it's as reliable as the old ARC was and is. I suspect the LOPSE is less hardy than the ARC in severe conditions, IE I don't feel it can be relied upon in a crisis as yet.

Who knows...I've only had it for a month!!

Be lucky...

greg_in_canada

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would choose my MillerMods 3-level L0P over an L0P SE. It has the different levels in the order I need them (off, low, medium, bright as you tighten the head). It doesn't use PWM so there is no flicker on any level whether you move the flashlight or your head around.

Some may question the reliability of little leaf springs but mine has been working more than 9 months without any flicker or other problems.

That said I paid $80-some for mine and MillerMods stopped making 3-level lights (I believe). So maybe this isn't a fair comparison.

Greg

Last edited:

EsthetiX

Enlightened
I think L0P SE is the best for now! LOD has too much crap to cycle through. LOP SE is perfect.

x2x3x2

Banned
but wait a minute...

doesnt the LOP SE use PWM on lower levels while LOD used a chip to regulate the current? may be a factor if u are easily distracted by the fast blinking.

dchao

Enlightened
E0?

It will run 10+ hours with one *alkaline* AAA battery. For L0P, you pretty much have to use Lithium or NiMH to get any decent runtime.

nerdgineer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tastes vary, so I like the E1 more. I like the absolutely flat output at a higher level than the medium LOP-SE output. Eyeballing Quickbeam's runtime curves and output numbers, E1 looks like it gets about 20% more light out of an alkie AAA battery than the LOPSE, although both are pretty good.

I also have a hard time separating the idea of best from cost, and the much lower price of the E1 helps.

EngrPaul

Flashlight Enthusiast
If your criteria is best brightness with acceptable runtime and variable output, and a reasonable cost, the L0P-SE is a winner. However, The more expensive Jetbeam AAA claims to have more lumen output (45 vs 30) and similar features otherwise. I haven't seen a comparison review yet.

Bomo

Newly Enlightened
Glad to see someone chime in for the Fenix E1. I have an E0 which my wife will be taking once my E1 arrives - hopefully this week. I'm sure I'll be getting one of the CE versions once available in a AA/AAA.

ViReN

Flashlight Enthusiast
BrightGal said:
I have a Fenix L0P SE and I love it. Do any of you think there is a better single AAA light out there? If so, which single AAA light do you think is better and where can I find more information about it?

Curious blond wants to know...

L0D CE SE will be 1AAA light with 200 Lumen (with WC tint, Q3 bin Cree XR E LED), it will also support Li-Ion for 250 Lumens Output....

now how'z that :)

Pay Pal Locked & Loaded :D

well.... folks....... that was just a guess...

EsthetiX

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
but wait a minute...

doesnt the LOP SE use PWM on lower levels while LOD used a chip to regulate the current? may be a factor if u are easily distracted by the fast blinking.

The blink effect is not visable in normal every day use. You only notice it on LOW while moving the light around kind of quickly. I wish it was more noticeable when moving it around actually!

Last edited:

x2x3x2

Banned
but how will that play when u are actually using the light for doing work?

stonehold

Newly Enlightened
Mag Solitaire. Adjustable spot, true candle mode, long run time, spare lamp,
proven durability, made in the USA. AND, it comes in 5 colors.

EsthetiX

Enlightened
stonehold said:
Mag Solitaire. Adjustable spot, true candle mode, long run time, spare lamp,
proven durability, made in the USA. AND, it comes in 5 colors.

what the... :huh: