Few Questions...

lightUup

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

1) I keep hearing how lithium CR123 batteries have a 10-year shelf life and how they can tolerate harsh weather temperatures. I know this is a stupid question, but does it also apply to AA and AAA lithiums?

2) Can my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Xenon, 4AA 7-LED, and my UK 4AA eLED Zoom take AA lithiums? Sorry, I lost the instructions. :-(

3) Where is the Streamlight Scorpion made?

4) What is your opinoin on Rayovac batteries? They are always on sale here and they come with a lot....

I'd appreciate any input.

Thanks!

-lightuup

wholeflaffer

Enlightened
1) I keep hearing how lithium CR123 batteries have a 10-year shelf life and how they can tolerate harsh weather temperatures. I know this is a stupid question, but does it also apply to AA and AAA lithiums?
Yes. Lithium AA's, just like lithium CR123a's, are capable of much colder operating temperatures and have considerably longer shelf life than comparable alkalines.

2) Can my Streamlight ProPolymer 4AA Xenon, 4AA 7-LED, and my UK 4AA eLED Zoom take AA lithiums? Sorry, I lost the instructions. :-(
Yes, these lights can take standard AA 1.5V lithium batteries.

Note that some AA-size lithium batteries exist which are not the standard 1.5V, but these are specialty batteries which you are not likely to find at your typical store. These non-standard lithiums are typically 3.0V or higher.

3) Where is the Streamlight Scorpion made?
Sales literature states that the Scorpion (both incandescent and LED) are "Assembled in U.S.A.".

4) What is your opinoin on Rayovac batteries? They are always on sale here and they come with a lot....
I have used ROV alkalines a fair bit over the years, and I have no complaints. Check out some of Chevrofreak's runtime charts for ROV lithiums in comparison to several other brands. I believe you will find most of the comparisons are for the CR123a variety of 3.0V lithium primary batteries, however.