New Surefire LED Lights for 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to share with you the following information from Surefire's 2007 Illumination Tools and Tactical Products catalog:

1. Titan: Variable Output LED Flashlight. "First Surefire introduced the world's original dual-output flashlight with two-step switching. Then came the U2, the first LED flashlight with six preset output levels. Now the next logical milestone: the world's first - and unquestionably finest - continuous variable-output LED illumination tool.

"...A built-in potentiometer seamlessly increases or decreases the Titan's light output the way a stereo's volume knob raises or lowers sound levels. So you decide exactly how much light to use. Total control with over 1,000 possiblities within its operating range......" Surefire 2007 The World's Finest Illumination tools.

2. The E1L, E2L, L1 Lumamax, and L5 are all getting improved LED's.

3. The L1 Lumamax will have a brighter high beam.

4. "The L5's new higher-output, longer-running LED cranks out an impressive 120 lumens of brilliant, focused light - six times that of a typical two-D-cell flashlight - and runs for over four hours on a single set of batteries. Its virtually unbreakable LED is protected by a tough Pyrex window and regulated by electronic circuitry that's O-ring sealed inside the L5's hard-anodized aluminum body....

"Precision micro-textured reflector produces bright central beam with gradually diminishing surround beam..." Surefire 2007 The World's Finest Illumination Tools.

5. The guy lighting up the dark water cave on the 2006cover? According to the caption in the 2007 catalog, he is holding an M6 Guardian in his hand, and two X200 Weaponlights are mounted to his helmet. Very Interesting.

**By the way, the Titan runs on a single CR2 lithium cell, not the CR123.

Last edited:

jch79

**Do Not Feed The Vegan**,
The information for the Titan is INCORRECT - it doesn't run off of a LuxIII anymore, as now it's running a Seoul P4 LED, and goes 0 to 80 Lumens - you should revise your post to eliminate all the confusion that is has caused in the past month.

(The reason for this, according to Al, is that the catalogue was printed before they changed the LED to Seoul.)

:) john

Re: 80 lumens?

John, thank you for helping me. I have corrected the Titan information and took out the lumens. Their 2007 catalog looks even better than 2006, and if the Titan is going to be 80 lumens with a potentiometer, then I'm sold!:sold:

MattK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also the Titan is far from, "the world's first ..continuous variable-output LED "

LEDLogic Striker, Photon Freedom, LIR Proton and others had this long before.

Status
Not open for further replies.