Cute Molle Pentagon Lights available for pre-order now

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember those nice looking Molle Pentagon Lights from the SHOT SHOW? They are can now be pre-ordered, at $32, to be available from March 1.

http://www.pentagonlight.com/item_detail.cfm__id.487

Description
Bringing back the anglehead design of the past for today's MOLLE equipped gears, it fits through PALs webbing for secured hands-free attachment on MOLLE vests and compatible equipment. The top-positioned button enables operation without removing from the webbing. Rotate clip to the back for carrying in front of a pocket or other clippable surfaces. Rotate clip to the side for attaching to regular belts or duty belts. Its anglehead design provides personal illumination anywhere, anytime simply with a push of its top-positioned button. High efficiency LED provides up to 30 lumens of light output. This shockproof light source has over 5,000 service hours, making bulb-changing a nusiance of the past. A red filter is included for providing low visibility light and is useful for map reading and plotting aviation charts. Filter can be secured in the base of the light when not in use.

Specifications
Brightness: 30 Lumens
Run-Time: 3 Hours
Batteries: One AA Alkaline
Lamp: 0.5 Watt White LED
Filter Color: Red
Length: 3.4" (86 mm)
Weight: 1.5 oz. (42 g
Features
* MOLLE PALs Webbing Compatible
* Hands-Free Illumination
* Rotatable Clip

Pre-Order Now. Available on March 1, 2007

Warranty: Limited LifetimeModel #: LM1-DT
Rotate clip for attaching to other locations, such as pockets and belts.
ghost.gif
pentagonlight_logo.gif
Description
Bringing back the anglehead design of the past for today's MOLLE equipped gears, it fits through PALs webbing for secured hands-free attachment on MOLLE vests and compatible equipment. The top-positioned button enables operation without removing from the webbing. Rotate clip to the back for carrying in front of a pocket or other clippable surfaces. Rotate clip to the side for attaching to regular belts or duty belts. Its anglehead design provides personal illumination anywhere, anytime simply with a push of its top-positioned button. High efficiency LED provides up to 30 lumens of light output. This shockproof light source has over 5,000 service hours, making bulb-changing a nusiance of the past. A red filter is included for providing low visibility light and is useful for map reading and plotting aviation charts. Filter can be secured in the base of the light when not in use.

LM1-DT-Carry.gif

MOLLELightWarranty: Limited LifetimeModel #: LM1-DT

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
sorry, where? I have been looking for this for some time and missed it completely. apologies if information here is repetitive.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK, there is now a pre-order official list for these lights - the thread was started by tacticalsupply.com over at the dealers subforum, Link:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/152891

note to lawlight: please note that the official pre-order thread was started February 12, whereas I started this thread February 10.

also, this thread can be helpful if people wish to discuss what they think about these lights without the restriction of what they can say that applies to manufacturers (and, I presume, also dealers) threads.

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
so, let me start with a couple of points - given the purpose of these lights, it would be helpful if we were given more info. on how weatherproof/waterproof and rugged they are.

also, they seem somewhat underpowered - although I was attracted by the formfactor, I think that 0.5W is an inherently weak power supply - note that flashlight reviews (Quickbeam here) recommends no 0.5W lights among his top picks.

also, I was hoping for more than a 1xAA formfactor - this type of formfactor lights are IMO better maybe in a 2xC formfactor; elektrolumens does have a more powerful, CREE mod of this formfactor with, I believe, a 2xD formfactor.

interested in others' views.

paulr

Flashaholic
I like 1AA for this and I think 0.5 watts is fine, with a high efficiency led. I do think the Molle light looks a little goofy but the form factor is just right. If I wanted a huge clunky anglehead I'd buy a Fulton or EL Anglelux.

r0b0r

Enlightened
I really like that little fellow.

If you wan't a bright, bulky light then fair enough - but something lightweight and *not* too bright, just sitting there for when needed, can certainly be handy :)

Looks like it attaches fairly securely, and with the button on the top would be very simple to operate.

Hell, if you wanted a bit more light you could always get two ;)

r0b0r

Enlightened
Hmm That's odd, the Black model has a blue filter while the Tan has a red one.

Would not it make sense to offer both with each??

ringzero

Flashlight Enthusiast
flashy bazook said:
so, let me start with a couple of points - given the purpose of these lights, it would be helpful if we were given more info. on how weatherproof/waterproof and rugged they are.

Excellent point, flashy bazook.

If these lights aren't fairly waterproof and rugged, that would be a dealbreaker for me. Given that caveat, this is the first 1AA light I've seen in quite a while that excites me. Actually, I think it's kinda cute - reminds me of a miniature fire hydrant.

flashy bazook said:
also, they seem somewhat underpowered - although I was attracted by the formfactor, I think that 0.5W is an inherently weak power supply - note that flashlight reviews (Quickbeam here) recommends no 0.5W lights among his top picks.

Manufacturer says 30 lumens, so figure 20+ lumens real world output. 20+ lumens is sufficient output for a small personal utility light/task light.

I have a couple of 20 lumen output lights that I use a lot because that level of output is perfect for many tasks. 20 lumens is also more than enough for walking a trail, and in a pinch can be used to bushwack off trail.

That said, this light would be much more versatile if it offered a second lower level output of around 5 lumens. Better for close up tasks and for greatly extending runtime when necessary.

Lobo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really like the whole concept of this light, seems to be perfect for flyfishing etc. My only request is that they would increase the runtime and decrease the output. Put in a cree maybe.

KDOG3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sweet. I *WILL* be getting one of these. Throw a Seoul in there and it would rock.! Maybe a two stage mechanism as well. Hopefully they'll run on energizer lithiums as well.

Last edited: