Votes: 47 50.5%
  • Plain jane

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • Anti-roll knurling

Votes: 12 12.9%

• Total voters

BackBlast

Newly Enlightened
I guess EDC implies small... EDCing a D-cell light seems kind of challenging :)

Gator762

Enlightened
Yeah, but how small? There are so many pocket able variations of 1 or 2 cells of CR123, AA, and AAA. Some feel naked without a 2 cell CR123 Surefire light, and some can go with a SSC or Cree powered AAA light.

I didn't answer, because none really apply. If it's small enough for my pocket, that's about all I really care about. Plain jane isn't so much a factor as size (although scalloped edge and anti-roll knurling is probably a negative for me for chewing up pockets).

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me a lanyard attachement is much preferred. I can then hang it anywhere, round the neck, at the belt etc. However clip is somewhat unreliable ie, it can fall out not like a land yard.....

Patriot

Flashaholic
for me, a well designed pocket clip that allows the light to sit low in the pocket is the most important feature for an EDC light. I've never lost a light while pocket clipped.

Valpo Hawkeye

Flashlight Enthusiast
Size and at least two stages. That way you have the option of long runtime or high output. The two pest EDC's I know of are the ML1 and any HDS EDC. The L1D CE is a runner up, but misses the winner's circle for its lack of clip and it's too smooth.