LS designed for the military?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodmeister

Enlightened
Mailman just delivered my factory second LS. The light is slightly greenish. The head has a tiny scrape, and the tail has a tiny pit, both which would occur naturally after a week's ownership. For the small sacrifice of accepting those small defects, I receive a super light at almost half price. Such a deal!

Inspecting the light, I am convinced the ARC LS was originally designed for the military, now being sold to civilians. The flashlight is totally over-built and over-engineered for civilian use, with thick heavy duty parts, unnecessary and too expensive for a consumer flashlight.

The finish is a shade of military olive drab, not black for police use. The police don't need a OD camoflauging color.

Too finely crafted for regular troops, it was probably designed for elite commando-types such as Navy SEALS, Delta Force, and other special ops. This would also explain why they've been backordered for months: to supply our Afganistan forces.

I presume ARC was sworn to secrecy about publicizing the military nature of the LS. Just a moment, be right back. Somebody yelling "federal agent" is banging on my door...

Atrick-Pay

Newly Enlightened
Since it's not waterproof (yet) I doubt it was
the SEALS.......Delta maybe
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.