river rock 1 watt AA flashlight

BenCox

Newly Enlightened
so i just picked this up and am impressed for $20 its pretty good. it is brighter than my really cheep mxdl 3watt 2 cr123a flashlight that i got for $10. but the riverrock 1w has a 1 click button that is coppying a tactical button. its aluminum milled and has a pocket clip. its not really small its only a little smaller than my 2 cr123a flash light. ill try to get some pictures up in a little.
ben

bondr006

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Ben,

It is quite a nice little light. I have two of them myself. If you do a search on the forum, you'll find quite a bit about them here. Welcome to CPF.

Confederate

Enlightened
They're wonderful lights, but with the introduction of inexpensive Cree lights, the twenty dollars will not remain an attractive price for very long. It is a nice light, though. I have one with me right now.

swxb12

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was finally able to find one of these in stock at Target.

The threads weren't lubed...nasty, nasty grinding/scraping sound when twisting the cap.

Other than that the light feels very solid in hand. Lanyard is surprisingly nice as well. Might pass it to the lady friend after I fix up the threads.

Someone in the aisle was looking at 6-10 dollar AA incans...the (now) really lousy kind that many of us have probably owned at one time or another. Really wanted to recommend the River Rock...but 22.99 would likely have brought out the :thumbsdow

Last edited:

NA8

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

sween1911

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wanted to chime in on this light...

I was just going through my old EDC lights and am going to bring this guy back into rotation...

This single AA "River Rock" 1W light I bought at Target 3 or 4 years ago for around $20 has just been a great light and has never done me wrong...

DSCN2645.jpg

DSCN2643.jpg

DSCN2644.jpg

It's a reverse-clicky, which I'm usually not fond of, but it's been 100% reliable and has never turned itself on in my pocket. If you really need momentary, you can click it on, then back the tailcap off until it barely turns off, then press the cap in until it lights, just using the play in the threads. Tailstands perfectly, lens has held up beautifully without any serious damage despite daily pocket carry for a a few years until getting replaced by my Novatac (which has had a few tailcap hiccups and cost 4 times as much!).

DSCN2646.jpg

If you get a chance to pick up one of these, they are great EDC lights. Works fine on a Nimh rechargeable AA. (currently using 2100mah ones from Radio Shack)
It's pretty bright for a single AA, to my eyes about even with my Novatac on its medium setting.

I'm not saying other lights aren't worth it, I love good classy quality gear, but this light has been good to me and I had to share!