CR123 and AA Alkaline - P2D or P1D

JamisonM

Enlightened
I've been looking around for a light to go on my keyring. So far, I've narrowed it down to the Fenix P2D. Before I start spending money, I want people with more knowledge then myself to help me out on a question I've got about the battery it'll use and the flashlight itself. My queustion is what kind of ill effects (if any) will this light with battery installed receive for being in my pocket while working outside in the coming summer heat here in South Carolina? It's going to be hot and sweaty in my pocket and it'll take the occasional shot from something like a tree limb, but nothing to write home about (comparable to being droped from 4ft). I don't want to put my money into something that will die after a few days of working in the sun.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
SC is not the warmest place in the world ! :)

Many people have used Fenix lights in different places and nobody has reported any problem, so you can rest assured.

I keep a P2D CE in my pocket but IMHO it is a bit too big in diameter for a keyring. And P1D is just marginally shorter. Have you condidered the much thinner L0D CE for that application?

JamisonM

Enlightened
It's going to be hot and humid in my pocket. I did consider the P0D CE, but runtime and brightness just weren't up to par with the P2D. Plus, I keep my keys all in one pocket by themselves so as long as it isn't protruding too bad, I think it should be fine.