Did you pull out your light on Independence Day?

Did you use your light on Independence Day?

• Oh yeah! Boy did I show 'em off!

Votes: 16 84.2%
  • I tried, but she said "put that thing away!"

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • The fireworks was too bright! No use of flashlight.

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

modamag

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could imagine that many of the members here are patriotic and celebrate our Independence day.

How many of you went to the local park and enjoy the great fireworks show?
Did you get a chance to pull out your toy and prove yourself?

Let us know your experience.

Omega Man

Flashlight Enthusiast
My nephew turned 1 on 7/1 but we celebrated it on the 4th, and went all out with grilled food and drinks for the adults.
One of his gifts was this Cookie Monster flashlight, it's a 10" plastic Cookie Monster with a handle on his back. When you squeeze the handle, his mouth opens an he yells "COOKIE!" and a PR2 bulb lights up as long as the handle is held. My family were all asking if I was gonna steal it, mod it, change it to an LED, etc. Good fun!
My niece took it and kept shining it on people and yelling "It's gonna get you, gonna get you!" and was really entertained by it. Maybe she'll find a Little Mermaid light in her future now, she'll be 3 on the 29th.

270winchester

Flashlight Enthusiast
I brought an HID, a 2-C Maglite(GH24 bulb, 2 Pila 600s, Fivemega deep tail cap, UCL, Fivemega reflector, bla blah blah) and my HDS.

al of them were great and hte people in front of us complained of the bright lights behind them(us) when we were making our way back down the hill. :devil:

BTW Johnathan how's that heatsink going :poke:

Lee1959

Flashlight Enthusiast
I actually used 3 different lights, my wife lost her cell phone on the way out after the fireworks. I used my Inova AAA Bolt, my wife used my Ultrafire C3, and my father used our car C Cell Mag to backtrack the trail to find the phone.

dudemar

Flashlight Enthusiast
I used a Pila GL3 w/ LF EO-9. I didn't exactly "show 'em off" because I was in the front yard by myself, lol.