Best single emitter production thrower?

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am guessing the Tiablo A9S is probably the contender right now, but if you were looking for a spear of light from a single LED emitter made in production quantities, what would it be?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
There was another 3 AAA powered light that says 800 ft projection but I can't find the link. I think it had an aspheric lens. MattK has seen one of those and he doesn't seem to doubt the 800 ft range. It seems to have similar throw to the Tiablo A9S.

robo21

Enlightened
I've heard that the Deree DBS is quite a thrower, but I haven't seen any reviews on the light yet. The beamshots on the Website look very promising.

bspofford

Enlightened
I've heard that the Deree DBS is quite a thrower, but I haven't seen any reviews on the light yet. The beamshots on the Website look very promising.

I have a DBS on the way and will report back when I receive it. I've been very impressed by other Dereelight products, and this light reportedly has 25,000 lumens from a single Q4 emitter. :thumbsup:

robo21

Enlightened
I have a DBS on the way and will report back when I receive it. I've been very impressed by other Dereelight products, and this light reportedly has 25,000 lumens from a single Q4 emitter. :thumbsup:

And these lights are upgradeable when they next new emitter is available. Please do update us with your review.

Which version did you order? Which options?

Lighthouse one

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WF 800 is just bigger- holding (2) batteries...great if you don't mind the slightly longer body...actually it probably balances better with the large head.

MikeLip

Flashlight Enthusiast
The WF 800 is just bigger- holding (2) batteries...great if you don't mind the slightly longer body...actually it probably balances better with the large head.

I assume the output is no better? The review on the site says it is slightly better. Not sure if that means it's enough better to justify the added cost, although it's still cheap enough that I could buy both :)

robo21

Enlightened
Well, one reason I just noticed - the WF-800 is single stage. The WF-600 is hi/lo. Of course what I'm after is sheer throw and to heck with everything else! :) That WF-800 looks GOOD!

:twothumbs I like your thinking! :hahaha:

Actually, I raised the question because the 800 seems to offer more versatility for power sources.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yeah, that would be lux. :) Not sure if it gets up to 25,000 lux, Dereelights's run time chart isn't loading up at the moment. I know the 3-stage model has very flat regulation around 20,000Lux for about 1 hour and 45 minutes on a an 18650.

The nice thing with the Dereelight DBS, or CL1H, is if an upgraded pill is available it should only run around $25-30 and it just drops right in and you have an upgraded light! Can't wait to drop a R-bin or better in there down the road. :)

Not sure what mA they are running the Q4. It would be cool if they made some kind of turbo module with a Q5 and push it to 1200-1400mA or whatever it could take for maybe 5-15 minute bursts and then you'd need to let it cool down. :) Unelss they can heat sync it well enough to go longer.

bspofford

Enlightened
BTW, I agree that the WF-600 is a great thrower for the price. I think it is equal to the WF-800 and is brighter than any of my MRV lights. The somewhat cheap SMO reflector has a ringy beam, but it still does the job and throws a quarter of a mile (400M). Some of the WF-600 lights have a new silicone switch cover, but I still have to mod many because they have a loose plastic disc between the cover and the switch that sometimes jams.

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Dereelight is saying the DBS w/ 3-stage Q4 module will do around 27,000 LUX! Does that beat a Tiablo A9 Q5 SC? From what I've seen on some of the review sites, the DBS maybe the new king of throw, out of the MRV and Tiablos.

robo21

Enlightened
Dereelight is saying the DBS w/ 3-stage Q4 module will do around 27,000 LUX! Does that beat a Tiablo A9 Q5 SC? From what I've seen on some of the review sites, the DBS maybe the new king of throw, out of the MRV and Tiablos.

That may be the case. Nitro did some measurements with the Tiablo A9 Q5 smooth and I believe his Lux measurements were in the 15,000 range.

Obviously, Nitro's meter is different that Deree's and their testing methodology may be different is well. Nonetheless, I am eager to see some side by side comparisons! The DBS could indeed be the new king of throw.
:popcorn:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I ordered the DBS, because I love my Dereelight CL1H, thinking it may not throw as well as a Q5 MRV or Tiablo. If it turns out it out throws them it will be icing on the cake. I thought the MRV's, etc, were supposed to be in the 20,000+ lux range. I have a LUX meter on the way from DX. Problem is I don't have a Tiablo A9 SE Q5 WC to compare it too. When I can I will post the reading I get at 1 meter.