Recommend Good Bluetooth Earpiece

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
I'm in the market for a good bluetooth earpiece to use with my Blackberry. Like most other tech products, there are several dozen on the market. What have you folks found to be good?

jumpstat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Usually getting one from the same make ensures compatibility....I've used nokia, motorola and samsung cell phones and all of them fare better with dedicated acessories. You pay a bit more but better end results....

ACMarina

Flashlight Enthusiast
I personally like Plantronics the best, but I got my Motorola for free so that's what I'm using..

CLHC

Flashaholic
I'm currently using the Plantronics Discovery 665 and have been satisfied with this one over my Motorola H700, since that latter one keeps falling off.

The PD.665, I hardly notice that it's hanging around on my ear. These come with small, medium, and large "rubber" earpieces. It does have a USB charger included along with the home and car chargers. There's an optional adapter that'll accept a single AA Lithium to charge your Bluetooth on-the-go.

What I don't like about the PD.665, is the talk time isn't as long as the M.H700.

Hope you find what you're looking for and Enjoy!

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Ray,
I have had good service with a "jawbone" that I got. Don't know if it is compatible with your phone gut would assume so.

myk

Enlightened
jawbone hands down if you ever need to take a call from home, an airport, or while driving

their noise cancellation (for outside noises, eg road noise/radio in car/airport noises) is second to none

flashy bazook

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't have it myself, but I just happened to read a very positive review of this jawbone that others have mentioned. Basically it has very good noise cancellation software that resets 500 times per second with the result (as claimed, at least) that your voice comes across very clearly to the person at the other end of your phone conversation even in noisy environments.

It is also said to be designed to be very streamlined and stylish in design and is very fashionable right now in the Silicon Valley area.

I did read also, though, that as part of the design it does not have obvious discrete controls so you have to somehow learn to manipulate it by "feel" and to know which end does what. Supposedly it can be distracting and you should try to use it in safe situations (ie, not while driving--or at least while being non-stationary).

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Thanks again guys. I've been reading various reviews for the last hour or so. I'm still not sure what I'm going to purchase. I'm not an "in the ear" guy either, however I find (with my wired earpiece) that if I don't have something like a "bud" that goes in the ear, I can not hear on it.

sawlight

Enlightened
The Plantronics is VERY comfortable, but talk time sucks!!! I have gotten used to the Motorola versions with the AAA batteries, rock solid performance, no need to charge, GREAT run time, and oddly enough, you get used to them hanging/flopping on you're ear after a while.
Not the best, but best bang for buck, and rock solid performance!
No clue on the "jawbone".

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
The Plantronics is VERY comfortable, but talk time sucks!!! I have gotten used to the Motorola versions with the AAA batteries, rock solid performance, no need to charge, GREAT run time, and oddly enough, you get used to them hanging/flopping on you're ear after a while.
Not the best, but best bang for buck, and rock solid performance!
No clue on the "jawbone".

Can you point me to the particular Moto version you're referring to that runs on AAA cell(s)?

Dantor

Enlightened
All man, I needed to see this. (my sad reminder) One bad thing about cargo pants and tons of pockets is it's way easier to forget stuff in them and I washed and dried my Motorola blue tooth...(ugg)

I'm was like; "whys the dryer rattling like that?" it was in pieces. Oh well, I'll go over what's here and get me a bargain, their way cheaper/inexpensive now, which helps.

kakster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks again guys. I've been reading various reviews for the last hour or so. I'm still not sure what I'm going to purchase. I'm not an "in the ear" guy either, however I find (with my wired earpiece) that if I don't have something like a "bud" that goes in the ear, I can not hear on it.

Have you considered something like this:

http://www.phonesreview.co.uk/2007/...etooth-stereo-headset-make-love-to-your-ears/

It has a standard 3.5mm jack so you can plug your own head/earphones in.

Also has the added bonus of not making you look like a Borg reject fresh from a Star Trek convention.